New Financial Ombudsman to review operations

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Niall Brady had an interesting article in the Sunday Times.

The new Ombudsman, Ger Deering has commissioned external consultants to review why only 5% to 7% of complaints are upheld.

upload_2015-8-25_9-20-2.png

Brendan

Well I'm one of those disgruntled customers. Still mad at the decision. I hope he's sincere about the dust. I now know that the banks use his office as their complaints department.

Part of the reason (and you can see it on this site)
1. Quite a few consumers used the FSO as the default position in lodging petty and stupid complaints.
The FSO still had to trundle through these cases and waste a lot of time.
2. The FSO did not bundle very similar complaints so each complaint was individually examined.
This meant it (seemed) FSO was actually working.

Brontes comment {banks use his office as complaints department } is patently true.

The insurance case i lost with them was appealed in very similar arguments by another complaint in High Court in substance the principal of uberriade fides... The judge overruled the FSO on 5 legal points...all of which were in my complaint

They are not looking at the Equity element of consumers cases which explains the high failure rate

In addition they should levy each provider another 1k fee for each complaint upheld so they actually force them indirectly to investigate a complaint properly in first instance

Perhaps the fact that a number of people affected by the PTSB debacle had complaints rejected by the FSO has also prompted some retrospection...

Back