New employer - change in salary package

shopgirl

Part of the organisation I work for will be taken over by a new organisation. The salary package I currently enjoy is more complex than usual. The new organisation want to remove part of my salary package & have now offered a random & paltry sum (once off payment) as 'compensation' I would like to have someone professionally & independently assess the value of the benefit I will lose. Anyone have any idea who could do this? Thanks.

They want to change , you think its not nuff.I would not get a 3rd party involved yet.
Ask them to explain in writing how they have come to what appears a small compensation.
In that way = you are fair and the question is landed back to them.

Thanks Gerry. It's not a question of me thinking it's not enough - I know it isn't! It's a complex set up & I don't want to go into too much detail here. Was just looking for suggestions as to who would calculate the real value - to be fair to both parties.

It's not unusual for a new employer to offer to buy out part of existing T&C's on cost grounds or if it is something they can't replicate. For example, I TUPed from a bank to an IT company years ago and our new employers had to buy out our banking benefits (free banking etc) as it was something they couldn't replicate. Hard to give a more exact answer here though without more information as to what the exact benefit is

Back