New Dishwasher - things to consider

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are looking at an integrated one, find out where the hooks on your panel are. Ours are half way down the panel and the new dishwashers attach the panel much higher.
I have just bought a free standing one for this reason. I'd never get the panel on right!!!!!!

With regard to a free standing versus integrated dishwasher does anyone have any good advice or opinions about this?

7 or so years in a house putting the large plates in back to front restricting the space for them. And then I read this. Why do I feel a little stoopid. lol. Thanks Webbs. For the advice and humiliation

Thanks Webb too. I just discovered I could move mine too! :D

Yes Webbs, thank you - a closer examination of my wheel-less and runner-less upper rack, plus another pass at the "instructions" and I've discovered mine can be hoisted up on its brackets so I too can now put my plates in facing forward. You are the hero of a nation!

I have Zanussi - Elektrolux, I prefer 120 min than 30, small energy difference 1.05KW / 0.8KW but alway nice and clear. Not enough room for big plates on the bottom tray.

Got the Kenwood freestanding stainless steel one from Currys. So far so good anyhow. It was cheap at 279 so I don't expect it to run forever. Wash cycles are long, the shortest is 90 minutes. The top rack is laid out well for me, I have a lot of bits of plastic (baby stuff) rather than standard dishes. My mugs are big too. I can fit in loads more than the old dishwasher.
Tips:
Tip for replacing integrated with free standing, check the depth, the drawers 90 degrees to the dishwasher only just open now.
Get the guy to take the packaging, I thought it would be complicated to unpack so I let him go, turns out the box just lifted off the base.
Don't wait 5 years to replace a useless appliance just because its "working" in some fashion.

Check the dB level

Most manufacturers have 3 or 4 types of both free standing and intregated dishwashers, but the shops here will only stock the cheapest and therefore the loudest ones. So unless you want to be driven out of the kitchen everytime the dishwasher is on, check the dB levels. We got ordered the quietest one you can buy after checking the manufacturers websites. It's an AEG, and has a red light that shines on the ground to tell you it's on.

I also have a Bosch and use the 30 minute cycle the most - one of the advantages of this cycle is that it does not go through a heating cycle - which means you can put in items that are not dishwasher proof. If you do not open the door as soon as the cycle is finished the heat from the washing cycle will dry the dishes anyway.

Dishwasher

I am looking around for a new Integrated Dishwasher dont want one that washes for ever looking at a siemens anyone got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back