Opening a new coffee bar in a dublin suburb
(fingers and everything else crossed!), business plan is
about 95% complete and I must tell you the startup
costs are scary.......very scary. How do other businesses
survive paying €40 - €50 a sq ft in rent per year! then
there's rates, insurance, employers PRSI and my fit out
costs which I reckon at 50k-60k
It doesn't seem easy from this point of view so far, it's a huge gamble with
loads to lose but that aint the attitude is it !!

I'm involved with the local enterprise board and have good
relations with my main proposed supplier! I have my eye
on a premises but with rent of €40+ a sq ft it is intimidating.

I guess what I'm asking is there any advice that you can
offer me at this stage?? and I 'm looking for a cost efficient
furniture supplier, any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Hi Kiwi

Good luck in your venture. One of the biggest problems will be all the people telling you that you are ripping them off at those prices. Welcome to the alleged "Rip off Ireland".

One possible approach to good value in furniture would be to buy it second hand either here or abroad. Check out other coffee shops for rent and go visit them. If you like the furniture, offer to buy it.

There are also some liquidation sales companies around. They may know of some stuff coming up.

Talk to the supplier you have identified. Ask them if they know of any coffee shops which have closed down.

Brendan

Brenden,

I'm hoping to go down the second hand route as much as I can.
good suggestions

We Used These About Two Years Ago For Office Furniture We Got Some Really Good Stuff. They Might Be Worth A Try

Liquidated Furniture Sales Ltd
Jamestown Business Park
Jamestown Road
Finglas
Dublin 11

Ph: 8640539

cheers pink and gar123I think they are actually the same place, checked the website out and u see a couple of things I'm going to look at.

I'm looking to get second hand furniture, to create that sort of eclectic feel, can't find anywhere whre it's half affordable though !!

thanks

is a firm of estate agents and they have a few coffee shops for sale. Might be worth visiting them to get an idea of how busy they are and what their P&L's look like.

They might also have sold a shop which was converted to some other use and has surplus equipment.

Brendan

Back