New boss for the HSE

I agree that nurses are not medical professionals, and I don't believe I have ever referred to them as such. Graduate nurses have nursing degrees but they and other para-medics do work in clinical settings so they can correctly, in my view, be referred to generically as clinicians / health-care workers / care-givers.*

In the UK (and I think the US & Canada) there is a nursing grade referred to as nurse-practitioners who are trained and licensed to prescribe a limited number of drugs. I don't think we have that grade here yet although nurses seem to be agitating for something like it.

* Wikipedia seems to agree with me here. Be still my beating heart!
We have a grade called Advance Nurse Practitioner. Pay is Assistant Director of Nursing band 1.

Labour Court decided that the nurses deserved a pay rise

Again, I'm surprised you have such little understanding of the workings of the Labour Court. What they did was determine an outcome through mediation that both sides could agree on. What nurses deserve had nothing to do with it.

Equally I'm surprised that you miss the fact that all three parties involved agree that a pay rise is warranted hence all parties agree that nurses are currently underpaid.

Equally I'm surprised that you miss the fact that all three parties involved agree that a pay rise is warranted hence all parties agree that nurses are currently underpaid.

I don't think we'll ever agree on this one, but the Labour Court have no authority to determine what is warranted.

Where do you get the notion that the HSE ever accepted that a pay rise was warranted, or the Labour Court for that matter??
I know that Deiseblue has me on his ignore list (yes, that's a thing) so this is for other posters.

The HSE nurses and their unions lied to us about their pay and here's the proof from a 2018 report, showing that entry-level nurses earn 20% more basic pay before any allowances/special payments than their colleagues in England.

Attachments

• 26.-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Expenditure.pdf
    99.3 KB · Views: 8
The conclusions in this July 2018 report also give the lie to many of the so-called compelling reasons given in support of the nurses' strike actions. Facts mean nothing of course when you can hold those most vulnerable in our society to ransom.

Attachments

• 26.-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Expenditure 2.pdf
    166.3 KB · Views: 5
Word on the ground is they will not accept the deal.

Now I see the vote isn't until mid march so I'm assuming INMO know they have a bit to do to convince the members.

The conclusions in this July 2018 report also give the lie to many of the so-called compelling reasons given in support of the nurses' strike actions. Facts mean nothing of course when you can hold those most vulnerable in our society to ransom.
When I open the link to at the bottom of the file you attached and open the website (https://www.rcn.org.uk/employment-and-pay/nhs-pay-scales-2016-17) the pay scales for the NHS nurses are far higher than listed on the chart.

Are you looking at 2016-2017/England/Band 5 which I think is what they used for comparison?

Back