New Banisters

S

Smb

Does anybody have any recommendations and/or rough estimates for replacement of banisters in a large 4 bed semi in Dublin?

I used the Handrail Man a couple of years ago. Used Iroko teak (I think), it took half a day, and cost approsimatly E900. Good job. Just one little niggle, but not necessarily the fitters fault. It did wreck my carpet a bit on the landing. The fixture on the landing did not match the one that they took out so there was a bit of a gaping hole left which looks a bit ugly. Also the carpet on the stairs has been a bit loose since. So, if you are getting this done, do it before you lay a new carpet if possible.

Tks a lot Ophelia - will definitely get it done before the carpet is laid.

Used the Handrail Man some years ago also and was quite happy with their work. They came highly recommended. Had to get them back to fix filler over nails because it did not blend well and there was no problem in them coming back either.

Went for french polishing also which is done by a separate recommended company and is quite expensive. It is a much nicer job though than stain/varnish. Never needs any maintenance afterwards.

Their showroom is at Unit 44, Park West, Nangor Rd., D/12. Ph 2981975. Don't appear to have a web site.

Back