New Artificial Intelligent Investment

roker

There is a lot of adverts now from guys that have a AI programme that can predict the stock market.
Even Elon Musk is supposed to be giving Irish people a chance. Are these scams, surely it's not Elon Musk doing it

It's been on the go a few weeks now, why can't they track it and stop it

Seeing as the value of the stock market varies based on as of yet unknown variables, I find it hard to believe that a computer programme can factor unknown events into its programme and produce an outcome. In other words, it can't tell the future.

I've seen it and it's not a deep fake. It's just badly edited video with a voice over trying to lip sync. I'm sure it still fools people.

Seeing as the value of the stock market varies based on as of yet unknown variables, I find it hard to believe that a computer programme can factor unknown events into its programme and produce an outcome. In other words, it can't tell the future.
Thats not what AI, specifically neural networks, attempt to do.

A neural network has a vast number of connections between inputs, and outputs. Using historical data inputs, say stock prices, are provided to the network and these are used to predict outcomes, say stock prices six months later. Then the network has its homework marked. All the paths which produced bad outputs are weakened and those which produced good outputs are strengthened. As this is repeated the results get better. Nothing is 'factored in'.

Then the network has its homework marked. All the paths which produced bad outputs are weakened and those which produced good outputs are strengthened. As this is repeated the results get better. Nothing is 'factored in'.
Surely "factoring in" things is exactly what you just described?

Sentiment is a large driver of markets, if you can analyse vast amounts of data from forums and news outlets around the world you may find patterns. Another example, for a long time there was a strong correlation between the value of Bitcoin and the volume of Google searches on the subject. Finding patterns like that in masses of data is one of its strengths.

There is a lot of adverts now from guys
No one is going to advertise something to help *you*. They advertise something to move your money from you to them. Advertisers are not on your side.
Even Elon Musk is supposed to be giving Irish people a chance. Are these scams, surely it's not Elon Musk doing it
You can no longer take photos/videos/voice at face value, everything can be simulated.
It's been on the go a few weeks now, why can't they track it and stop it
The nanny state won't protect you, everyone needs to wise up and be skeptical of everything, the technological advancements mean the scams are going to be much more convincing than they were before.

Surely "factoring in" things is exactly what you just described?
The network would have no information on interest rates, employment rates or any other economic factors. The pathways between inputs and outputs start out random and are improved.

The relevant government authorities. In the UK they give contact numbers for scams but Ireland doesn't appear to be that advance that they go after scammers
I'm not sure what you mean by giving contact numbers, the UK do have a free phone number you can phone if you have been the victim of a fraud where in Ireland you are required to report it to your local station. Having the free phone number to call is nice, but you would still be required to call to a station to file a formal complaint.

In almost all cases, the relevant government authorities are not not ours, these crimes don't originate in Ireland so the Gardai have no jurisdiction
to prosecute.

I'm not sure what you mean by giving contact numbers, the UK do have a free phone number you can phone if you have been the victim of a fraud where in Ireland you are required to report it to your local station. Having the free phone number to call is nice, but you would still be required to call to a station to file a formal complaint.

In almost all cases, the relevant government authorities are not not ours, these crimes don't originate in Ireland so the Gardai have no jurisdiction
to prosecute.
They do not originate in UK but the UK does have system of reporting and regulating

They do not originate in UK but the UK does have system of reporting and regulating
Can you point me to it?

The only UK system I'm aware of is the phone line aimed at victims who have suffered a loss, offering some advice along the same lines as the Gardai have published and directing them to report the crime to their local police station.

Also, the UK are no better able to regulate criminal activity in other jurisdictions than we are. These scams are an international problem, no country has a silver bullet.

Back