New(?) AIB 4-year fixed rates for mortgages over €250k

Paul F

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere but I just spotted it on AIB's website. I think these offers are new.

Higher Value 4 Year Fixed Rate
  • 2.15% for LTV <= 50%
  • 2.2% for LTV between 50% and 80%
for mortgages over €250k.

Switchers from another lender get €2,000.

Not far off their green 5-year fixed rate (2.1% with no minimum balance).

AIB are looking like the best of the big banks (after Ulster and KBC leave).

Thanks for pointing these out Paul!

I wonder does the same logic apply as with the existing 3 and 5 year fixed rates, in that you could break without fees due to the small print and the current 2 year rate?

And just to note that AIB is offering a four-year fixed rate of 2.3% for LTV greater than 80% and a balance over €250k.

spoke to AIB yesterday and to be honest this is a great rate, also if it helps they have extended the length of term for a borrower out to 68 years if it helps, perhaps pre-empting the pension board review.

Just got an email regarding this rate.

I've just signed up to a 3 year rate at 2.55% in February. Now with this, I could get the 2.3% for 4 years. Would it be worth switching do you think?

@cian59 It's a lower rate, so why not ? Only thing to note is that when you switch to that %, the 4 years starts from that date, not 4 years from Feb. Nothing stopping you from changing to any future lower rates (assuming there is zero break fee) and if you qualify for such.

Back