Network references?

P

Paul

I am on the lookout for a good network group. I hear B&I charge €600per year. Is there any with free membership as €600per year is a bit steep.
Basically I am hoping to get minimum 6 referals a month as I have just started a small independant business. I think it is a great idea that 25+ people are all on the lookout for eachother. I hear some groups, you meet eachother, seperately, explain your business to eachother and then refer eachother when business comes your way. Other groups, you have to meet every week at a venue, hence the €600pa and give a presentation to eachother which I would find quite boring after a couple of months or so..
Appreciate any information

Anything useful here?

Are you sure that what you want might not simply business lead generation rather than networking per se (even if the lines may be a bit blurred)?

Network Contacts

Paul,

What business area are you interested in ?

Digi

re

Business leads would suit me and also being able to get other peoples business leads through my contacts. I dont see the point in turning up every week meeting the same people explaining the same thing over and over.. A free group would be ideal with good leads..
I do complete fit outs in new Homes, from Flooring- Furniture- Blinds, Curtains etc...
Thanks for your replies

Sounds to me like you might need to do something like a leaflet drop (perhaps specifically targeting new estates or houses with sale agreed/sold signs?) and advertise in local newspapers (like the Northside/Southside People etc.) and depend on word of mouth from successfully completed jobs. Not really sure how else you would plan to get/generate leads...

Maybe also cultivate some contacts in the Estate Agent sector, especially people selling new homes or investment properties?

re

Cheers all.. The flyers is what I have been doing for over 6months now and I have got great work but a lot go missing from rival companies.. I reckon at least 70%!! It was then I heard about company referals. I have looked up on a few this week.. A lot are in the IT sector.. It would be good to get in with a mixed trade group as they would have a lot of feedback through work in homes..
Thanks again!!

Back