Netflix versus Amazon Prime Video

5.99 a month.
Not quite true. They have 5.99, 11.99 and 15.99 a month depending on the resolution of the film or series you want to watch. I have a 4K HDR telly so 15.99 if I want to watch films of that quality. Presumably 5K and 8K etc offerings will be dearer if we ever have the bandwidth to download or receive them.

Ironically, Madmen is now up on Prime.

I think I get free delivery for most Amazon items because I’m a Prime member.

Amazon Prime doesn’t have huge amounts of good stuff. I’d recommend Jack Ryan, the Billy Bob Thornton thing, Goliath, The Americans, The Man in the High Castle (superb), Bosch, and the ‘All or Nothing’ sports documentaries (e.g. the All Blacks, Spurs, Man City).

Netflix is better on balance though.

Unfortunately I’m speaking as someone who pays a ridiculous sum every month for Sky, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney, Spotify, and Apple TV.

I got bored with netflix. I prefer the interface though.

On Prime, I liked the Expanse. Only reason I signed up to it.
Picard was just ok. .

Prime, keeps pushing you to paid content. So annoying. I switched mine to a UK account though. Also lots of stuff in my watch list switched to paid.

How does it work though? I have an Amazon Prime account, but I think its extra per month to get free deliveries from Amazon.

When you make purchases it will say if it’s eligible for prime, if it does it’s free shipping and usually there in two days. It’s gotten to stage for me if it’s not prime eligible I’ll skip past it. That and a combination of tracking the prices and getting alerts through camelcamelcamel you can save a lot of money.

I got bored with netflix. I prefer the interface though.

On Prime, I liked the Expanse. Only reason I signed up to it.
Picard was just ok. .

Prime, keeps pushing you to paid content. So annoying. I switched mine to a UK account though. Also lots of stuff in my watch list switched to paid.

I was very disappointed with Picard; it came across as really cheaply made.

I’m excited about the Lord of the Rings series on Amazon.

Seems like we get a raw deal in Ireland on Amazon Prime, I've lost count of the recommendations in UK media for Amazon shows that aren't available to me here.
The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Little Fires Everywhere, The Americans, Parks and Recreation, Modern Love are all really good.
But Netflix way way way better.

Set your default address on Amazon to a UK address, for example your ParcelMotel or Addresspal address if you have them, you should then have access to all the UK content.

Amazon Prime doesn’t have huge amounts of good stuff. I’d recommend Jack Ryan, the Billy Bob Thornton thing, Goliath, The Americans, The Man in the High Castle (superb), Bosch, and the ‘All or Nothing’ sports documentaries (e.g. the All Blacks, Spurs, Man City).
Yea, The man in the High Castle was superb, the first two series anyway.

Back