Netflix now available in Ireland (movie selection poor and old).

Change primary dns to 208.122.23.22 Secondary dns to 208.122.23.23 Watch the us version. Simple.;)

Change primary dns to 208.122.23.22 Secondary dns to 208.122.23.23 Watch the us version. Simple.;)

AFAIK this is only for consoles (PS3, Xbox, WII etc.) and will only work for a week unless you sign up to "Unblock Us" who own the DNS.

We have Netflix.signed up last week. Very good quality but selection of movies is not great. It says 1000 of movies but I don't see these. I can a few hundred though. Probably cancel after the free trial unless movies r updated regularly.

Overall a good service but the selection is the key decision motivator

Better Legal Alternative

LMAO :D

Irish site is improving every day!

Its also £6.00pm in the UK so at €6.99 its not all that bad.

Irish broadband is MORE than capable of handling Netflix...even for slower connections just allow the movie to buffer for a few mins first.

Its not advertised as anything other than a streaming site.

You can easily opt for things not to be shared with facebook as when you first start to view the movie/tv show an option appears in the corner of the screen.

Although free, they are illegal and Netflix offers a legal alternative to such sites.
Better legal alternative to access Netflix outside U.S. is through any DNS provider. If you will search on net there are many offers but out of those I found unblock and unotelly are the major ones. I tried the 2nd one and its working perfectly fine for me. Just need to change dns setting at laptop/ ps3 / pc and you will get access to popular U.S. channels ( under free trial), I am impressed with it, lets see what you say :)

I'm living in Ireland. I pay netflix ireland using my UK paypal account and it's only cost me about £5.63 per month

I am very happy using Netflix. IMO e7 per month is more than fair and if you have kids it's great. I also invested in an AppleTV box so now I have iTunes (for premium content) and Netflix (everthing else) in one place. In addition I have it on my phone and iPad. It only works out at e84 per year and when you compare that to paying the TV licence for the RTE suite of channels I think it it's great value.

I am very happy using Netflix. IMO e7 per month is more than fair and if you have kids it's great. I also invested in an AppleTV box so now I have iTunes (for premium content) and Netflix (everthing else) in one place. In addition I have it on my phone and iPad. It only works out at e84 per year and when you compare that to paying the TV licence for the RTE suite of channels I think it it's great value.

How does the apple tvbox work as I was recently looking at them but not sure what they do

How does the apple tvbox work as I was recently looking at them but not sure what they do

What it is primarily for is to connect to the web and then you can stream movies/TV programmes onto your TV. You have to pay for the content you stream as it works from the iTunes store. In the UK, but obviously not here, you can also access the BBC iPlayer which is great for them but no good for us.

You can also use the device to stream movies, music/photos etc. that you have on your laptop/ipad/ipod/iphone or uploaded to iCloud through the AppleTV to your main TV. You can also use Netflix (again you pay to stream movies) or you can use Youtube or a variety of other channels on the device to play content.

It only works out at e84 per year and when you compare that to paying the TV licence for the RTE suite of channels I think it it's great value.

Are you not still supposed to pay TV license as youre watching the streaming movies on your TV?

Are you not still supposed to pay TV license as youre watching the streaming movies on your TV?

Yes you are and I do (reluctantly as I don't like RTE). Perhaps if you were to subscribe to Netflix and watch it on a very large monitor you would not have to pay the TV license. Though there may be a provision that the monitor must not be able to receive regular TV.

Anyway for what you get I think Netflix is great value.

I wasnt suggesting you didnt pay, just your post indicated there might be a loophole I didnt know about!

Im still very sceptical on Netflix on contents vs price.

Back