net-cafe

B

bobs

Hi I have some questions i would like to put out to you all

I live in rural town about 30 miles from the major town center.,

I am thinking of opening up an net-cafe., how much would i need to be earning befor registering for vat / tax / revenue, Is it just a case of keeping records of Ins & outs and if I earn a certain amount say 12k at the end of oct/nov/ end of year.. or do I inform the revenue offices staight away without knowing what i may or may not earn.

I am a person with money to invest and have the custom made computers up and running, along with the net-cafe i would may run a dvd-shop and small light refreshments, however if i needed a health and safty licence to run a toaster and a kettle i would exclude them, i would invest in a coin box pool table and juke box to bring in some income, and help towards the rent ect.

I live in a rural town close to a secondry school, and no current dvd-shop, net-cafe or pool room.

population 1,000 including 300 secondry school students in walking distance in the town.

all help concidered

If you are trading, as you will be, you need to register for income tax. (form TR1 from www.revenue.ie) It doesn't matter haw mouch you earn or whether you make profits or not.
If your turnover exceeds 37,500 you must register for VAT (same form).

Tony
www.kdaaccountants.ie

Back