Nervous about Shared Ownership Application

trevorku

We submitted our S.O application this week, they sent back the passports which mean they received the application. We submitted almost all documents, anyone else going through S.O. at the moment?

Tell me about it! I'm only compiling my docs and im nervous!!

Did you provide absolutly everything they requested? I was told by dcc guy that very few can provide everything and it's not a big deal

Heres what I have them:-
Passports
Recent bank statement
6 payslips for me
2 for my girlfriend as she was on maternity leave
and just back in work 2 months.
I got forms signed by job, social and revenue.
Loan details on my car finance.
P60 and P21. Thank thats all.
I already paid the 3k deposit for house in Dublin 10.

I really have my heart set on the place, would be great family home really.
DCC have my application since monday, they sent back the passports so I know theyre ascessing it now.

Im just so nervous about the fact that we dont have any savings as such, we did pay the 3k to DCC though which they said would suffice as proof of savings. Just hope that wont be affected being that my girlfriend was on
maternity leave and only back in her job since March.

You hear people saying that they give the S.O. loan to everyone but I dont believe that and am extra nervous because the bank wont give me 100% loan for the house so its the last chance we have to own the house.

Why it takes them 5 weeks to ascess the loan is beyond me, maybe theres backlog. DCC said if there was any more info they needed they would call me, but im just so nervous wont get the loan, am not generally a pesimist but alot of things have gone wrong for us this year and we just need this boost to get our stuff together.

I was told they are strict regarding the docs, but am not sure if they are. The most important thing is to get the forms signed, then get P60/P21 and bank statements, loan statements and then you should be fine. Keep your fingers crossed for me, wont you.

Ah I will of course Trevor and I really hope to hear u got it as it will boost my positivity!!

The bank statements are my prob, my dh lost his job at start of last year and my acc took the brunt of all the dds. All paid but some late and pretty much lived in od then maternityleave for me!
I have opened a postbank acc so plan is to have my wage paid in for few weeks then submit app and explain that I've just switched banks so only one month statement. We've both got our cedit reports and their clean only showing car loan.

Can I ask do you have credit card owing?

Im sure if you tell them your situation they might forgive you, after all the whole point of the programme is to give loans to people who ordinarily wouldnt have been able to origionally get one with the traditional bank.

Are you doing it through affordable housing or did you pick normal house, I had to pay 3k deposit for the house so, Im hoping that will suffice as proof of savings. I have 200 Euro to get me to my next payday in 2 weeks so im skint.

They never asked me for credit report, although I did get one from ICB a few months back and it looked like blank price of paper, no info on it. Maybe that means my record is clear.

I have like 800 Euro credit card debt, am hoping to pay off this month, also have creche to pay 900 per month, both of which never mentioned to dcc but im not tell them unless they ask.

Any news Trevor?

I am curious did you have letters of refusal from other banks to go with your application?

I don't think they ask you to provide Cerdit Report as far as i know they just do that search with the ICB themselves?

No I didnt need any letters of refusal at all, as far as im aware. Was turned down by EBS as value of house was more than 80% of something else or something I didnt understand.

They called me to explain payslips, but thats all so far, maybe they will call me 100 times to quiz me about the application, this is Week 2 that they have it so another 3 to go before I know if I got it or have been refused, you got all your docs together? My advise, hand it into them personally, theres no way id send all those docs in the post.

na haven't got docs yet. still waiting on my new account with an post to be sorted so i can give them a clean bank statement.

I rang yday and got a lovely girl in there who told me not to worry about the letters of refusal and only 1 month statement of new acc will sufficce and to mark my app for her attention.

though to be honest i'm beginning to doubt my chances at all :( everytime i get excited about the application i hit another road block. would love to hear from people who got it approved recently.

Hi
I am currently on the last stage of the Shared ownership scheme, I have had the house valued and just received the report back this morning. I found the people in the office very helpful. I brought my application in to the office directly and they went through the full application for me. When you receive your first notice make sure to keep ringing them to find out where your application is I found if I rang and was told something would be in the post this week and it wasn't ring again and I would get it in a couple of days... I would n't think there is a back log just civil servants take their time with everything... Good luck, I'm sure you will both be fine... they are helpful so ring if your worried. if you need anything just send a message...

Thanks for that Lee, do you mind me asking how strong your app was in regards to documnets etc and debt level?

I received my docs back this morning, they said someone would be in contact shortly about the application, does this mean its near the end of the application or are they going to request more info, who knows really.

Sometimes I feel if I call them, they will think im harrassing them and it may prejudice my application, im probably just being silly.

Is the interview basis still used? Says on form when your app is received you will be called for interview?

I've never heard of that, hope not as it would be nerve wrecking and if you screwed up the interview you may as well say goodbye to the loan. I dont imagine they have time to interview everyone, or maybe they do. I dont know, it didnt say anywhere on application about this.
Now you have me scared.

Sorry!! Does say it on page 1 of my forms though :-(

Though I really think it's all an nduvidual decision based on who's processing your appication

What happens next?

• Upon receipt of your application, a housing advisor from Dublin City Council will contact you to arrange an interview to discuss the terms and conditions of the loan.
  • Following the interview process, your application will be forwarded to the Affordable Housing Partnership who will perform the necessary credit and judgment checks.
  • Subject to the credit and judgement checks, a recommendation will be made to either approve the loan in principle or to decline loan approval.
This is taken from the DCC website and it also printed exactly like this on the inside cover of my application form.
Going to send my app today, minus bank statments and see what happens! do i send original passports etc? I'm gonna reg mail it.

hey! well its all done i've just sent it by reg mail so keep everything ye have crossed!!!!!
Trevor any news on yours??!

Hey folks,

Noticed you were worried about your application and what you sent in. That's the easy part. I went down the SO route and while it's great that I have my own aparment I would never go through it again. It was 10 months between me sending in details of the aparment I'd picked out and me signing for it. DCC are a joke, they are the slowest bunch of people I have ever encountered. I was lucky that the person who was selling the apt. wasn't in a hurry because otherwise she would have pulled out. Good luck, you're going to need it!

im in the same vote. Sent in my blue form with the house that i want to buy on April 3rd. was told it would be 3 months to the close of sale which should have been today... lets just say im still waiting!!! And last week when I rang S/O (one of my weekly calls) they said it's out of their hands as its with the law dept but that I will get four weeks notice of my closing date... they said that could be another 7-8 weeks... waiting, waiting, waiting is all DCC seems to do... Just cant wait to get the keys :(

ah thats a shame ericcson but i suppose the way to look at is at least you can put a few bob away each week to buy new things for your new pad!!

i'm so envious even of your wait....waiting to hear about approval or not is a killer!!! i'd love to be waiting for keys :)

Back