Nervous about Anglo

Status
Not open for further replies.
62 posts on and several thousand views. What have we learned?

If I were a mod, I'd be asking myself whether this thread is getting anywhere - or indeed whether the same principles should be applied to the discussion of individual banks' safety as are applied to the discussion of individual stocks.
I know in my case, the thread has maybe given me a bit of heat but not a lot of light - to use an old phrase from round here.

I don't think anyone pn AAM can make a conclusive statement on the safety of any financial institution, and back it up with facts and figures.
We all have our own opinions and ideas.
All one can do is look at the financial reports, info in the media, past behaviour of regulators and governments in the events of banks failing, etc.

Not an Anglo employee or shareholder - but a depositor and a citizen aware of the potential implications of Chinese whispers!

I'm surprised this wasnt locked ages ago -the thread that is!

I think this is a legitimate conversation about the 3rd largest Irish bank with which there now appears to be genuine concerns.

The next few days will be interesting for the bank ..

I think this is a legitimate conversation about the 3rd largest Irish bank with which there now appears to be genuine concerns.

The next few days will be interesting for the bank ..

- Puts a new angle on things for sure!

I was going to put money into them recentrly but I had a dislike of the Chairman and was not to put my money in an organisation led by him.

I'm glad to see that my judgement of people was right in this case...

This is a remarkable thread. I often wondered what "rabbits in headlights" said to each other. You learn something every day.

Don't forget that depositors' funds with Anglo remain guaranteed by the Government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back