Neighbours cat doing its No 2 on my lawn and in my flower beds

Status
Not open for further replies.

newseeker1

Hi
One of my neighbours got a new cat recently
Little darling is coming into my garden and doing its Number 2 on my lawn and in my flower beds (Got nice handful of it at the weekend when doing some tidy up of flower beds for winter....:eek:)

I know there lot of products on the market that say they will prevent cats coming into your garden

I don't want wasting money on things that wont work

Anyone here got recommendations of things that have actually worked for them to prevent cats both from coming into your garden in first place and if they do that they don't go their business all over it

Thanks

Hi
One of my neighbours got a new cat recently
Little darling is coming into my garden and doing its Number 2 on my lawn and in my flower beds (Got nice handful of it at the weekend when doing some tidy up of flower beds for winter....:eek:)

I know there lot of products on the market that say they will prevent cats coming into your garden

I don't want wasting money on things that wont work

Anyone here got recommendations of things that have actually worked for them to prevent cats both from coming into your garden in first place and if they do that they don't go their business all over it

Thanks

Clear water bottles dont work,neither do those stupid sonic devices,so dont waste your money.

Have a friendly chat with your neighbour and ask him or her to sort this problem out.

If he or she pays no attention to you,then take a photo of said cat in your garden and say you will take necessary action against him or her for damage to your property caused by said cat.

You could also shovel all the cat mess and place it on your neighbours doorstep,ring the door bell and show said neighbour what said cat has done in your garden.

PS-If you feel the need to then trap the cat and call an animal rescue centre or the DSPCA and have them take the cat,they will also have a stern chat with your neighbour if he or she wants their cat back.

A few years ago I got a liquid substance that you paint onto small pieces of wood and put around the edge of the garden. It worked very well, I got it at the garden centre.
Good Luck Browtal

If he or she pays no attention to you,then take a photo of said cat in your garden and say you will take necessary action against him or her for damage to your property caused by said cat.

You could also shovel all the cat mess and place it on your neighbours doorstep,ring the door bell and show said neighbour what said cat has done in your garden.

PS-If you feel the need to then trap the cat and call an animal rescue centre or the DSPCA and have them take the cat,they will also have a stern chat with your neighbour if he or she wants their cat back.

bit drastic isnt it afterall its only a bit of cat nuisance :eek:

bit drastic isnt it afterall its only a bit of cat nuisance :eek:

Cats and their poo can cause blindness and serious illness in pregnant women and also in young children if they happen to contact the cat poo while playing in "their own garden".
So no its not drastic when you look at it in that context of things.I know a person who videoed a cat pooping in his garden every evening.After a few days he collected it all up and dropped a bag load of the neighbours cat poop on the neighbours doorstep.He also showed the neighbour the video footage of said cat constantly pooping in his garden.The neighbour was warned to keep the cat in check or else action would be taken.Needless to say that the person in question hasnt had a problem with his neighbours cat since.

Have a friendly chat with your neighbour and ask him or her to sort this problem out.

This is dreadful advice.

And you know nothing about animals if you think an owner can stop a cat doing anything. I had a half dead mouse in my house today as a gift from our cat, perhaps I should report it to the DSPCA and they can give the cat a stern warning. Maybe he'll listen to them.

A few years ago I got a liquid substance that you paint onto small pieces of wood and put around the edge of the garden. It worked very well, I got it at the garden centre.
Good Luck Browtal

That's more like correct advice.

I think the cat may be doing it for a terrotorial thing. I notice occassionally other cats do it in our garden, I think it's to send a message to our cat that they are trying to take his territory or something.

And I don't go looking for the owners, whoever they might be, of whichever cat it might be, for them to deal with. No way in any case I can figure out which cat and who is the owner. And here there is no such thing as a stray cat or dog.

Cats and their poo can cause blindness and serious illness in pregnant women and also in young children if they happen to contact the cat poo while playing in "their own garden".
So no its not drastic when you look at it in that context of things.I know a person who videoed a cat pooping in his garden every evening.After a few days he collected it all up and dropped a bag load of the neighbours cat poop on the neighbours doorstep.He also showed the neighbour the video footage of said cat constantly pooping in his garden.The neighbour was warned to keep the cat in check or else action would be taken.Needless to say that the person in question hasnt had a problem with his neighbours cat since.

+1 toxic

I did this with neighbours leaves, gathered them up and dropped them in a hugh pile in front neighbours drive and enterance...it wud take about 2 hrs every two days in the morning...they needed a tractor to move it in the evening...we had repeatly asked for us to be allowed cut trees at our expense...last yr they cut them themselves, left a few but wind is gradually taking care of them. They never asked re leaves but im sure they know it was me.

+1 toxic

I did this with neighbours leaves, gathered them up and dropped them in a hugh pile in front neighbours drive and enterance...it wud take about 2 hrs every two days in the morning...they needed a tractor to move it in the evening...we had repeatly asked for us to be allowed cut trees at our expense...last yr they cut them themselves, left a few but wind is gradually taking care of them. They never asked re leaves but im sure they know it was me.

Where I am you are obliged to collect the leaves from outside your premises whether they come from your tree or not. And you're not allowed to fell trees either unless you get permission as tress are protected for many different reasons.

I was devestated last year when I had to fell a very old Cherry tree, it provided shade in the summer and was a beautiful thing, and it overhung the heighbours garden to whom it gave great privacy and us too.

Near me they local council puts out wire bins/netting for everybody to put the leaves in. And 2 years ago, they planeted trees outside my house and all along my street, it will mean that the street in a couple more years will be absolutely magnificent.

Cats and their poo can cause blindness and serious illness in pregnant women and also in young children if they happen to contact the cat poo while playing in "their own garden"..

And I and any child who comes to our garden will not have the problem of serious illness in pregnancy becaause we are immune, it's called Toxymaplosis (spelling might be wrong) and it meant I wasn't banned from eating salads etc when pregnant.

This is dreadful advice.

And you know nothing about animals if you think an owner can stop a cat doing anything. I had a half dead mouse in my house today as a gift from our cat, perhaps I should report it to the DSPCA and they can give the cat a stern warning. Maybe he'll listen to them.

As a matter of fact we have quite a few pets and also several hens and chickens.

I think its rather fair to say that a person or family has a right to have a clean and tidy garden and play area and not have to "avoid or "prevent" their young children from playing in that part of the garden because of another persons cat constantly ruining the garden and/or play area with their daily poopings.

As I said a person in work that I know collected it all up out of his own garden and presented it to his neighbour and the problem never presented itself again.The neighbour actually understood where my friend was comming from with regards the cat constantly pooping in his garden.And no animal cruelty was involved before you get any ideas on that.

Where I am you are obliged to collect the leaves from outside your premises whether they come from your tree or not. And you're not allowed to fell trees either unless you get permission as tress are protected for many different reasons.

I was devestated last year when I had to fell a very old Cherry tree, it provided shade in the summer and was a beautiful thing, and it overhung the heighbours garden to whom it gave great privacy and us too.

Near me they local council puts out wire bins/netting for everybody to put the leaves in. And 2 years ago, they planeted trees outside my house and all along my street, it will mean that the street in a couple more years will be absolutely magnificent.

With regards to the trees alot of them have been cut back and/or removed by various CCs due to damage to footpaths,damage to walls and road surfaces,damage to cars parked along the streets in parking bays,damage to powerlines and blocking steetlight illumination at nightime.Trees are also removed when they present themselves as a trip hazzard to people who walk on the pathways.

Pollarding the trees can only do so much before they have to be removed for health and safety reasons.

Some of the CCs are serious when it comes to replanting suitable trees on the sides of roadways and streets.Other CCs are very slow and lazy to do it,and others just prefer to concrete the sides on the paths and streets in so that they never have to plant trees again.Recession and budget cutbacks has also played a big part in non replanting too.

We have a few nice trees in our front and back garden.We cut the hedgerows in our front and back garden,but we also ask our neighbour for permission to come in onto her land so that we can cut and maintain the hedgerows on her side too.We have respect for our neighbour and we have a moral obligation to cut our hedgerows on her side too.In autumn as the leaves begin to fall we then collect the fallen leaves from our hedgerows and trees (neighbours garden too) and use them to make fantastic leafmold which in turn goes back into our gardens,flowerbeds and also into our veggie beds.

Cutting and target pruning the hedgerows in our front and back garden and also our neighbours helps to keep a full thick dense hedgerow year after year and it also is great for any nesting birds and the likes of ladybirds which we have heaps of year on year.

With regards to this thread and what the OP has posted....................

He or she also has a right to a clean and cat poop free garden whether people like it or not.
I think the OP is maybe a tad sick and tired of doing gardening and looking after his or her flowerbeds only to put his or her hand into the neighbours cat poop on a regular basis,which is a potential serious health hazzard too.

I have not suggested or posted anything cruel with regards to the cat.Im against animal cruelty as are my wife and children,but I am for having a right to a have and enjoy cat poop free garden too.
Infact I have posted some genuine possibilities that may work for the OP.

And for anyone who seems to have a problem with my posts......................

Im not here to annoy anyone or have arguements with anyone.The OP asked a question and I gave my 2 cents worth.

Good afternoon to everyone.:)

I suppose that it would be considered poor form to suggest giving the cat a root in the backside and sailing him over the fence and back into his own garden!!

I thought so.......... :D

I suppose that it would be considered poor form to suggest giving the cat a root in the backside and sailing him over the fence and back into his own garden!!

I thought so.......... :D

I find letting a roar at them followed by the threat of a drowning from a jug of water sufficient discouragement! But, of course, only when I'm at home.

Where I live, suburban Dublin, old terraced houses with long gardens, there is nothing on earth you could do to prevent the neighbourhood cats from traversing the length and breadth of the neighbourhood and I rarely garden without gloves precisely because if its not dead birds, rats or mice that I might lay my hands on in the borders, when gardening, it could be cat ( or fox!) poop.

mf

I always wear gloves when in my lawn - between dogs let off around the estate where I live and cats all over the place - You just don't know what you're touching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back