neighbour with binoculars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised I have a set of binoculars on the window sill upstairs - thankfully I live on a laneway and don't overlook anyone so I can't be accused of anything sinister.

They get used on the odd day I go racing and that's about it - probably have an inch of dust on them as they've lain in the same place for months.

Basically most guys have a set - blame it on lidl / aldi for telling us we had to have their weekly special. We use them once or twice and then leave them on the nearest ledge thinking that we'll use them again. Best size ledge for them is a window sill.

To quell your curiosity, it would be no harm going around (in company) to the said neighbour and ask him what are the purposes of him having binoculors overlooking your property. He will probably feel more alkward as a result. It would satisfy your mind though and probably end any anxiety you might have.

Mrs Romulan warned me this would happen.

Who the hell would even notice I said.............

I use mine for looking at the birds especially that sparrowhawk that likes my sparrows.

Would you be concerned if you noticed a pair of binoculars on an upstairs windowsill of the house backing onto your back garden? I live in a housing estate with millions of houses, I don't know what they could be looking at.
I don’t think you have anything to worry about. A real perv (or so I am told) will stand well back from the window so he can’t be seen from the street – the same as a sniper. Simply put, a real perv (not that I have any particular expertise in this area) will cover his tracks so well you won’t even be aware of it.

Simply put, a real perv (not that I have any particular expertise in this area) will cover his tracks so well you won’t even be aware of it.

:eek: Oh my God!!

They could be everywhere then!!

Under the beds, in the bins, up the chimneys...

I'm having my house fumigated with PervGo ASAP.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. A real perv (or so I am told) will stand well back from the window so he can’t be seen from the street – the same as a sniper. Simply put, a real perv (not that I have any particular expertise in this area) will cover his tracks so well you won’t even be aware of it.

My thinks you protest too much.

sure if you have it flaunt it, shake that booty

& if that doesnt smoke them out you've nothing to worry about,

& if you do catch them then you can take action.

I think you should get Harry Enfield's Michael Caine on the case, he knows all about his neighbours

I live in a housing estate with millions of houses, I don't know what they could be looking at.

If there are millions of houses they must be small so that's why he needs the binoculars to bring them up to the standard size.

This binoculars guy sounds like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs to me.

As Hannibal Lecter explained to Clarice:

"What does he do, this man you seek? What is the first thing he does?"
"No. He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice?"
"Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now."
"No. We just..."
"No, we begin by coveting what we see every day."
"Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice?"
"And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?"

My advice...ask him to dinner...

Well as long as you insist on wearing your wifes dressses people will stare

Status
Not open for further replies.