Neighbour attracting pigeons by feeding them.

TrundleAlong

A neighbour in Avoca Park Blackrock is attracting pigeons to her garden by constantly feeding them. Several times a day about 15 pigeons line up on her roof or on her neighbour's roof waiting to be fed. Her roof and her neighbour's roof as well as our gardens/patios/washing are covered in pigeon This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.

Can anything be done about this? Talking to her does not work.

I had this problem with a crazy neighbour years ago. Talking to her didn't work. I was also concerned with the food attracting other vermin.
Would something like this help:

Contact your local authority, get others to complain also to strengthen your case. Sometimes they will take action.

A neighbour in Avoca Park Blackrock is attracting pigeons to her garden by constantly feeding them. Several times a day about 15 pigeons line up on her roof or on her neighbour's roof waiting to be fed. Her roof and her neighbour's roof as well as our gardens/patios/washing are covered in pigeon This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.

;)

We had that problem some years ago. A neighbour was feeding birds twice a day with half the birdlife airforce perching in wait on our television aerials as well as on the apex of the roof. Their droppings ruined our roof tiles as well as those of another neighbour. Thick moss had grown on almost all of both our roofs. I had to get the roof tiles power washed (yes power washed). I paid the bill and presented it to my offending neighbour and suggested she reimburse us. She fed no more birds since.

You wonder if this person has any self awareness? Does she not see the pigeon droppings in her own garden and not realise that the same thing is happening in her neighbour's garden...... I have them eating my vegetables in my garden. Flying rats.

A MAN IS facing trial accused of causing a nuisance in his community by feeding wild pigeons at his home in Dublin.

The feral birds have flocked to a rooftop on the north-side’s Manor Street and have taken up residency.

But their droppings on the footpaths and beside homes in Stoneybatter led to locals making complaints.

As a result, Dublin City Council erected a number of signs in the area which state: “Do Not Feed Pigeons Or Other Birds By Order.”

They have now initiated legal proceedings against a local resident.

William Garnermann has been prosecuted by the council and appeared at Dublin District Court today when he took a hearing date.

He is accused of causing a nuisance by feeding feral pigeons at his home and its environs, on Manor Street, in Stoneybatter, Dublin 7. It is also alleged by feeding the wild birds he is encouraging the keeping of them at his home address.

He is being prosecuted under the Local Government (Sanitary Services) Acts and was summonsed to court by the council.

Judge Anthony Halpin noted the council sought a date for a hearing and there will be three witnesses.

Mr Garnermann did not address the court but his barrister said the case could last about two hours.

Judge Halpin ordered that the district court trial will take place on January 14 next.

Obtaining a hearing date is an indication that the charge will be contested by the defendant.

We had that problem some years ago. A neighbour was feeding birds twice a day with half the birdlife airforce perching in wait on our television aerials as well as on the apex of the roof. Their droppings ruined our roof tiles as well as those of another neighbour. Thick moss had grown on almost all of both our roofs. I had to get the roof tiles power washed (yes power washed). I paid the bill and presented it to my offending neighbour and suggested she reimburse us. She fed no more birds since.
Looking at the roof of the house whose owner is feeding the pigeons and their neighbouring house I can see lots of moss growing on the roofs of both houses. Whatever about the person destroying her own roof, she shouldn't be slowly destroying her neighbour's roof by her actions.

I love the catapult suggestion ... tremendous fun! Also, can you erect a scarecrow of sorts or get some firework-bangers? (And blame resultant noise on teenage yobbos!)

We stopped feeding birds because their droppings where messing our new patio, a little common sense is need. If you want feed them do it in a open area away from houses

I have same problem.

I note the OP lives in the Southside. For DNSiders like myself, there is the old joke about why we keep pigeons?

Answer...…...please scroll...…………….

To teach the kids how to walk proper (……..said in conjunction with exaggerated forward and backward movement of the head!)

Back