NEFF

M

Marble

I am fitting a new kitchen and NEFF appliances have been recommended to be. Are they any good?

Whilst these threads do not refer to NEFF they might be worth a read:

AFAIK, Neff are like the Rolls Royce of kitchen appliances, but am only going on what I've heard, no hard evidence I'm afraid.

I have a neff oven, combi-oven and hob. They are very expensive ... but work well. I have never used my combi oven as a combi ... but apparently if one took the time to read the manual you can cook a chicken in 6 minutes etc.
Have a look in KAL in Clondalkin for ideas and advice ... they are the suppliers ... but you can't buy directly from them ... they supply the kitchen companies.

I would also recommend miele ... good design and indestructable, my dishwasher is fab ... also see their showroom in talllaght.

NEFF really are top of the range ...We have a NEFF gas hob...well worth the extra money.

I really wanted a NEFF oven too but himself wasn't having any of it as it was working out at nearly twice the price of the one we bought.. maybe next time

Henny Penny where is the Miele showroom in Tallaght? We are also looking to buy an oven and hob!

"where is the Miele showroom in Tallaght?"

Miele, Broomhill rd, Dublin, 24, (01) 4610710. You can get to it either from the Greenhills Rd. or Belgard Rd. If you need further directions just shout or look at

I visited their showroom a while ago and they are extremely helpful. Its probably part/parcel of their excellent customer service. I bought one of their washing machines and its great. As far as I can remember you can make an appointment with Miele or Bosch and they will give you a full run thru of their appliances. Well worth a visit.

Having said this I would definitely that anyone thinking of buying an oven should look at De Dietrich because of the pyroclean option. It definitely saves having to clean a greasy oven. Just put it on pyroclean setting (3 different time options) and when its finished just wipe away the dust. AFAIK the Miele does not have this option. You can check out De Dietrich in [broken link removed]

P.S. No connection to any of above companies.

I was a sceptical husband (some say I always am) when she decided to go for a NEFF hob and oven. We went to Clondalkin to KAL and they went through the range and herself went back to a cookery demonstration. Well either herself has dramatically improved in her culinary skills or the oven is brilliant. Having said that my culinary skills have improved - so it must be the oven!!! The fan oven has this thermocook function which means that you could actually cook a cake as well as a roast beef at the same time, in the same oven, without either taste/smell transferring to the other! Brilliant. However a costly piece of technology!

Not sure how relevant this is ....but when recently looking at ovens a salesman pointed out that the physical structure of some of the Neff and Bosch ovens were the exact same. In fact I looked at a sticker on the inside of a Neff oven and it listed Bosch as the manufacturer!

I realise that there is more to an oven than just the oven itself such as the controls, timer, etc. but I'm sure this should be factored in when comparing two ovens.

Back