Need to find accom in London for 2 adults & 2 kids

babaduck

Please help - my brother & family are heading over at the end of the month for 3 nights & need somewhere relatively central & inexpensive suitable for 2 adults & 2 kids under 5. Jurys is full or v. expensive & I'm stuck! Would normally suggest priceline but it's not suitable for 2 + 2

Holiday Inn in Kensington?

If that's too pricey then there are several Youth Hostels that do family rooms - the one in St.Pauls is nice and quiet at night.

What about Citadines - apart-hotel? They have a location in South Kensington that we've used and liked. Not the most glamorous but good location and perfectly clean, plus they have little mini-kitchens which are handy when travelling with children.

try the website ownersdirect and check out London apartments. I've used this website with great success and as the price is for the apartment regardless of how many people stay it works out pretty reasonable for really nice accomodation.

enjoy your visit!

These have quad and triple rooms and great location. Comfortble but basic and reasonable.

[broken link removed]

We stayed at The Sydney Hotel. The rooms are small but found it great value.

Reviews here:

Thanks for all your tips - sadly they're all over €200 p/n or full so back to the drawing board!

Premier Inn in King's Cross was double rooms with one extra bed from 95 pounds a night. Worth checking if they have triple maybe?

Holiday Inn, Kings Cross is normally reasonable - about 10mins walk to Russell Square tube station, about the same to Kings Cross (but it's a nightmare of a tube station). Most rooms are 2 doubles.

Loads of taxis pass by, and busses to central London pass right by the front door.

z

Correction - they are 1 double with a sofa bed - we have stayed there with our kids a few times. There's a pool there too, but I think there is a charge to use it now.

I just checked and they have rooms available at the end of the month for £108 per night or £118 with breakfast. As far as I remember kids eat breakfast free there, so for an extra £10 the entire family can load up on breakfast - worth doing it given the amount of energy needed to go around London.

Last time we went to London we stayed in a 'Hotel' nearby on Gower Street - this was an old house turned guest house rather than a hotel - big mistake. The room was tiny and totally unsuitable for use with kids. We ended up with major cabin fever. We saved something like £15 a night, but it really wasn't worth it.

z

Holiday Inn in Kensington?

If that's too pricey then there are several Youth Hostels that do family rooms - the one in St.Pauls is nice and quiet at night.

Babaduck I endorse Kildraught's suggestion for the hostel opposite St. Paul's Cathedral which I use for stop-overs in London. It is family-friendly, basic no-frills accommodation within the budget of a family (about £80 per family room per night including continental breakfast).

I have used the Comfort Inn near Victoria Station and found it reasonable and very clean. Basic breakfast but is enogh to kickstart your day and there is complementry tea/coffee available 24/7.

Guys - thanks for all the suggestions. All the hostels are full (tried the YHA & the other ones that are decent), most of the other hotels have no family rooms left (why doesn't my brother do his research better before he books a trip??!!)

I've found a place that's pretty central & reasonable so I've passed it onto him & he can be a big grown up boy & book it all by himself

Back