need the same tiles?

Tebbit

I'm fixing a problem under my floor which will mean removing tiles - these tiles are in my kitchen, dining room and utility room ( where the problem is), I don't have enough to put back down after the problem is solved so was wondering can you get a tile made? The tiles are no where to be seen now, they were bought ten years ago - I thought I saw once on TV that you could get replacement tiles made, anyone know of this? I would only need a few more. Thanks

I'm afraid you're on a hiding to nothing. Even different batches of tiles, like wallpaper or paint, will have subtle differences that will be apparent when they are down. That's why you always make sure the tiles are all from the same batch number when ordering.
Is it possible you have spare tiles, i.e. unseen ones, under presses or cabinets in the utility room or kitchen? Or alternatively put in a mosaic in place of some tiles. Or put in a sunken shoe-wiping mat inside the utility door. You will need to get creative, but there are a number of options available.

Unfortunately- no more spares. My tiler at the time left me in a large box of tiles and I thought great - but these turned out to be belonging to someone else tiles when I recently looked - a bit late now to be looking for mine which probably went somewhere else. I think( maybe) it was on Dermot Bannon's programme that matching bricks were made so I thought maybe you could make a matching tile??? Don't know what I'll do now but as you say I'll have to be creative:mad:

When tiling my house I bought 12 spare for room that was tiled especially for my bathrooms and kitchen. I used the bathrooms ones already. It’s always worth it unless you change your decor every 20 years.

Brick matching is an industry in itself due to the demand from conservation and extension/ renovation projects. They're expensive, particularly if you want small batches of a custom one - a lot of companies just do a set range of bricks that look like the original ones from the big manufacturers look like now.

There is no demand for the same in tiling where matching would be very difficult if not impossible. As Buddyboy says, the big manufacturers can't even guarantee that tiles from different batches of the same design will look the same.

Perhaps if you posted a photo and size of the tiles someone would have some old ones they'd be happy to let you have.

Back