Need new plumber D8

Gordanus

My regular plumber has retired and I need a new one. Anyone got any recommendations?

(Preferably with about 20 years working life left! I'm bereft with tradesmen I've been using for years all retiring in the last few years!)

My regular plumber has retired and I need a new one. Anyone got any recommendations?

(Preferably with about 20 years working life left! I'm bereft with tradesmen I've been using for years all retiring in the last few years!)
Have a chat with your retiring plumber. He'll point you in the right direction, if you guys departed on good terms :cool:

Not to hijack this thread but I also need a new plumber. Need to put in a new gas boiler/flue. Kildare area. Have tried to engage with one recommended company but am not even getting calls/texts returned. Hard to get plumbers at the moment. They seem to be too busy.

I replaced my oil heating with a gas boiler and replaced all of the rads last week with Ray Duffy (Duffy Heating) and would highly recommend him.

(Mods please take this down if I'm not allowed to name here).

Hawkins Heating and Plumbing, 1 Stephen's Rd, Inchicore, d8 - Danny and Ian Hawkins.

It's hit and miss, more miss for me. Asked about getting someone to repaper and paint my bog standard hall-stairs-landings; 3 guys answered, 1 came to give me a quote... for €4.5k, and wouldn't remove the paper below the dado, because it had been painted with gloss (before I bought the house). It was the paper below the dado that I really wanted rid of, because the pattern had been put on crookedly. Oh well. I'll be retiring soon and will probably have to do it myself - should at least have the time to do it! :D

Reactions: Leo
wouldn't remove the paper below the dado, because it had been painted with gloss (before I bought the house).
Yeah, in a market where they have more jobs than time, hard to get someone to take on the nasty ones like that.

It's hit and miss, more miss for me. Asked about getting someone to repaper and paint my bog standard hall-stairs-landings; 3 guys answered, 1 came to give me a quote... for €4.5k, and wouldn't remove the paper below the dado, because it had been painted with gloss (before I bought the house). It was the paper below the dado that I really wanted rid of, because the pattern had been put on crookedly. Oh well. I'll be retiring soon and will probably have to do it myself - should at least have the time to do it! :D
FWIW I used tradesmen.ie (similar site) for a painting job a couple of weeks ago, got four responses, four dropped out and quoted. Quotes ranged from €5k to €10k which was a bit crazy, but all seemed good and were interested in the job. So it does work out sometimes anyway!

Back