Need help deciding on what jeep to buy,please!

TomC

We currently have two cars but need to get a jeep instead of one of the cars I want to try and keep the price reasonable. So 08 to get the cheaper tax but which one I also need to put a hitch on it. Any advice on which model?

I have an 08 Santa Fe Automatic. Great job, though not as "rugged" as other real 4x4's, like a Pajero or Landcruiser, but probably much more comfortable to drive

Sorry yes it is an suv I mean. Any thoughts on the kuga, qashqai, the Dante is nice alright! Thanks

We currently have two cars but need to get a jeep instead of one of the cars I want to try and keep the price reasonable. So 08 to get the cheaper tax but which one I also need to put a hitch on it. Any advice on which model?

Kuga is a 2.0Ltr with 165-169g/km and falls into tax band D which is €481 per year.
You'll probably get good value on the Hyundai Tuscon and the Kia Sportage 08 models because these both launched new versions in 2010.

Tom, you mentioned the quasqai, this is small inside and would be of limited use pulling a load. what do you want the suv to do exactly
reg

Legacy estate diesel starting to get reasonable on price AWD and loads of space.

Legacy estate diesel starting to get reasonable on price AWD and loads of space.

+1 to that. Not an attractive car but lasts forever and great power. Will pull a good load and feels like a car to drive (unlike most 4X4's which always remind me of driving a Transit)

Whatever you do, stay away from the Freelander! I have been traumatised for life...I had also posted about the troubles I was having with that SUV. Have you considered the RAV 4? I had one before the troublesome Freelander and it was an absolute dream to drive....Not sure what I was thinking at the time....!

Thanks for all of this help guys good point on the kuga Sean and reg I looked at a qashqai it is pretty tight I might test drive a legacy.

Whatever you do, stay away from the Freelander! I have been traumatised for life...I had also posted about the troubles I was having with that SUV. Have you considered the RAV 4? I had one before the troublesome Freelander and it was an absolute dream to drive....Not sure what I was thinking at the time....!
Depends on which Freelander you buy. I know the petrol model has been reported to have gasket problems but who in their right mind would buy a petrol SUV? The diesel versions TD4 of the Freelander 1 have been great and certainly the Freelander 2 seems to be holding up well. Depends on what you want it for, for off roading I'd have LR anytime but for other usage you might choose a crossover model such as Kuga, Rav.

Back