Need financial advisor....

midleton

Can anyone advise a good independent financial advisor in Cork area please? Any I look up from what I can see are working on insurance or pension products and most are in area of selling those. I do not need any more insurance or pensions at this time of my life. I am normal not wealthy middle of the road person just needing advice as I am am no financial wizard and I find pensions and finance so confusing. I need asap somebody to give good advice and check up stamps and pensions to see if what I have paid into for twenty years are ok. I need qualiified independent person to steer me in right direction for future put my frazzled mind at ease. Thanks.

Unfortunately there is really no such thing as a financial advisor, they are just retail salespeople for insurance and investment products.

Citizens information may be able to help you check up on your stamps etc.

Thanks so much everyone for all advice and info............its much appreciated. Somebody today gave me name of company City Life in Cork that may be helpful?? Am thinking of going to them. Think I need someone to sit and talk to one to one that I will understand info better that way and walk away happy with decisions I have made or will make. Any info on this company? I will not be buying any policies or anything I just want advice.

Unfortunately there is really no such thing as a financial advisor, they are just retail salespeople for insurance and investment products.

Citizens information may be able to help you check up on your stamps etc.

Wholly inaccurate. There are a lot of advisors who will work in their clients interests, charging a fee for the work that they do. If it is not in a client's interests to have a financial product, they don't get one.

The problem is, it is difficult to distinguish between those who offer good financial advice and those who will sell a product.

Midleton, we spoke by email and I am happy to recommend CityLife to you.

Steven
[broken link removed]

The problem is, it is difficult to distinguish between those who offer good financial advice and those who will sell a product.

Especially when they all describe themselves as Financial Advisors, and typically share the same QFA qualification.

Especially when they all describe themselves as Financial Advisors, and typically share the same QFA qualification.

I'm not going to argue with you on that. Same with Financial Planner. I know there are Certified Financial Planners who went to the time and expense of getting this qualification and just flog products (CFP's have a fiduciary duty to their clients, so there is a clear conflict for some!).

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

midleton.
Like most things pensions/insurance come down to a few main points and once you have them ,you are then primed to ask the correct questions.
This might help.
1.On (stamps) ie contributory pension.
If you write to Dept of Social Welfare , Buncrana , Co Donegal , they will send you a statement of contributions made.
Then you may have to wade through a bit to understand it , but worth getting your head around.

2. Life assurances , NO bad idea to have a fair broker ensure you have nuff or maybe NOT nuff (depending on family circumstances)
3.pensions , let us know what type etc you have eg workplace ,prsa, defined etc.

as per protocol , askaboutmoney will give good pointers.

Hi,

I'm also looking for some independent financial advise, due to recent redundancy, and child going to University next year I need unbiased advice on mortgage, lump sum investment, taxation and pension.

I'm in the Midleton area as well, so any recommendations would be appreciated

Back