need an accountant/advisor for an international worker

johnball

a friend has recommended coming on here. lots of good info but I cant seem to find what i'm looking for.

ive been working abroad for the last 3 years and ive been careless with my tax, ie not paid any and need to get it fixed. 2012 and 13 i'm tax exempt because of days out of country but this year I've been at home a fair bit.

have lots of uk mates that set up limited companies and get paid through them but i'm not sure how it works in Ireland.

thanks in advance

Welcome to AAM Johnball, how about you tell us what the issue is exactly? You're making a lot of assumptions there about not owing tax due to not being resident.

Do your parents or friends have an accountant, do you have a solicitor who could recommend an accountant. There are a few accountants on this website. If you post up your tax details some of them might come on, but they are not allowed advertise themselves to you.

I recommend you post up some figures as a starting point etc. Have a look at the money makeover thread for a template or starting point.

thanks for your response bronte, I am waiting for a call of a gut that might be able to help me.

I work offshore and normally I get paid into a uk account and didn't pay any tax on it because I was outside Ireland for about than half the year. I am now working with a Danish company in Danish waters and I invoiced them at the weekend. a basic invoice of how much is owed and who to pay it to. just today I received an email from them (as I was expecting) saying I need to supply this info in my invoice quote:

- Invoice date
- Invoice number
- Sellers company registration number/VAT number
- Sellers name and address
- Buyers company registration number/VAT number
- Buyers name and address
- What is delivered and when
- Bank details - that is IBAN no., swift code and bank name
- Please state that it is "Reverse Charge" - this is for our tax authorities

I am not vat registered and haven't got a company set up.

I read that people cant advertise but if some was looking for someone to help with this can it be arranged on here?

thanks

Back