Need advice on property around 200k in dublin

nakuloven

Hi All,

I live in blackrock for few years now but with the increasing rents i have decided to buy a property in dublin instead. However, i see huge gap in pricing when it comes to buying house/apartment in north and south dublin. My budget is around 200K and i have options only o go to north. I've seen few houes around finglas (Valeview drive, Mellowes Park, Gortmore road, Cappagh green), sanrty (Geraldstown woods), Crumlin (Ruthland avenue, )etc.
I would really appreciate if you could let me know about the places mentioned above and any other areas that i should look into to buy in dublin.
Thank you so much.
regards,
N

I am making sure not to mention property prices but there are two apartments in Beaumont below your budget, I've several relatives who live there, incredibly boring place but very quiet and reasonably close to town by bus

Crumlin (Ruthland avenue, )

Thread on this area here.

Take a tour around these areas in the evenings to get a sense of whether you'd be comfortable there. Search for the street names online for crime reports and talk to the local Gardai, they will often give you advice on areas to avoid.

Depends on your circumstances,

You will get a lovely one bed apt in Santry on that budget, or a not so nice two bed property location wise elsewhere in Dublin.

Back