Need a Plumber & Gas Boiler expert

Delboy

Anyone out there know a plumber who can also work on gas boilers. Been without heating for 5 days...had a boiler check and was told it was a plumbing problem. Had a plumber in for 2 full days and he seems to have made things worse. Heating comes on for 20 minutes, rads warm up and then start to go cold again (pressure was nearly non existent but is aroudn 2 bars now) while the boiler sounds like it's still working. This is costing a fortune!!!

I'm based in Sth Dublin ...anyone got any good people to recommend?

its an 'Ideal Classic'...if that means anything to you.

so far the plumber has put in a new:
pressure valve
non-return valve
filling loop
circulating pump

he's also changed the water for the heating from the attic tank to the mains (he also manged to hook the electric shower up to the mains and seems to have wrecked that-have someone coming tomorrow to look at that also!!!). So need a new lad to have a go at fixing this

im a plumber sounds like your pump is gone if boiler lights for that long and rads are not heating ,the pump is obviously not pumping.

Ideal Classics are not a bad boiler but if it's only staying on for 20 minutes as you say it could be caused by a problem with the PCB check and see if you get a burning smell where the controls are as one of the relays might be burned out and once it heats up the contacts dont close. It could also be the fan, once again when the motor heats up it could be stopping.

Do you live in Rathfarnam? It the only estate I know of with Classic boilers.

did they not say boiler was checked it was a plumbing problem?could be a faulty new pump it does occasionly happen

cant be the pump as plumbers just put in a new circulating pump (and problem was the same since sunday even before the new pump went in yesterday! he said it might be the circuit board but can it be that if the rads actually warm up and then go cold again, while the bolier sounds like it's running as normal? no funny smells aroudn the bolier are anything like that, but it is louder since the work started on it.

live in kimmage, not rathfarnham.

have you got copper pipework or gun barrel sounds like circulation problem

I have just had a new generation ideal Classic boiler (with all the new relevent bits) installed. I live on the Southside and can recommend and PM you a plumbing/gas boiler installation company on Dublin southside if you so wish. I got their name from An Bord Gais.

I have just had a new generation ideal Classic boiler (with all the new relevent bits) installed. I live on the Southside and can recommend and PM you a plumbing/gas boiler installation company on Dublin southside if you so wish. I got their name from An Bord Gais.

cheers Ophelia, that would be great. HAd the plumber around again today. replaced the fan in the boiler this time, abd still does'nt work. No heat for the weekend as the plumber is gone away for a few days. Defo need a new guy to look into this

Back