NCT test

roker

Frequent Poster
I had a NCT booked before the Covid and it was subsequently deferred for 4 month.
I am now trying to book a new appoint before my new expiry date 5 Sept but find the first appointment is mid October. 7 weeks after my new expiry date. I phone Central office and they cannot help

Thirsty

Frequent Poster
Are you able to travel to another location? I found widening the area and going to a different centre I was able to get an earlier date.

roker

Frequent Poster
I am between 2 locations each 1/2 hr drive away next one is 3/4 hr, all are fully booked, I must consider if I fail I need to get home and travel again that could be up to 3 hrs driving time total

Sue Ellen

Moderator.
Its a long time since I booked an NCT but it used to be the case that cancellations popped up early in the morning where people have cancelled/rearranged overnight. As far as I can recall it was before the call centre opened because they nabbed them upon arrival. That system may well have changed :)

FANTANA

Its a long time since I booked an NCT but it used to be the case that cancellations popped up early in the morning where people have cancelled/rearranged overnight. As far as I can recall it was before the call centre opened because they nabbed them upon arrival. That system may well have changed :)
It resets now at 2330. You should have no issues if you check just after this time.

roker

Frequent Poster
There's a high backlog, firstly because they were shut down with the car lift failure and then because of the Covid, the system cannot cope

landlord

Frequent Poster
I had a test for mid October, checked the website this morning at 8:30 am and managed to rebook for two weeks from now.