NCT Farce

It's not beyond the realm of possibilities though, I know a Driving Instructor who always keeps a stock of bulbs in his car because he
was twice caught on the hop during a Clients Driving Test when the lights just went prior to the Testers visual inspection.

It happened to me just before my test!

Do I get a prize for the most ridiculous NCT failure issue?

How about failing for having no fada over the i in Cill Dara???? Happened to my missus (who is English) and was not able to argue the fact with the tester.

Thats a good one Markj, my Dad's car failed as he had a garage name on his number plate. It was a sticker...!
How would that make a car un-safe...!

Markjbloggs,

That is crazy! Could you appeal that in any way? I would be furious if my car failed over something as small as that.

Scotsgirl

Markjbloggs,

I don't think there should be a fada over the "i" in Cill Dara.
Can someone with a "KE" reg check/verify?

Can your car really be seized if it doesn't have a current NTC cert?
No. It is an urban myth made up by the high moral horse brigade.
Do I get a prize for the most ridiculous NCT failure issue?

How about failing for having no fada over the i in Cill Dara???? Happened to my missus (who is English) and was not able to argue the fact with the tester.
There is no fada in Cill Dara.

I wonder if it is the very severe shaking they give the car when testing suspension that blows the bulbs.

mine is a funny story... my car passed nct two years back... drove very less mileage in two years... nothing changed.. not even serviced... went for nct after two years... it failed nct for the reason that two rear tyres/wheels are to be swapped... swapped the tyres from left to right and right to left in the nct center car park and they passed it after the swap... same tyres passed the test two years back... nothing changed in the car...

I drive a Citroen 2CV which failed its NCT because the chassis didn't have the chassis number die stamped onto it. Trouble is 2CVs were not manufactured with the die stamp, it only has a plate above the engine (and yes a 2CV does have an engine!) Took me about 2 weeks to get that clarified through Citroen Ireland to the satisfaction of NCT. They originally told me to go and get the number stamped onto the chassis myself! - that would be a really useful security feature ;-)

Surely the 2CV would be exempt that this stage. There can't be too many that are under 30 years old.

Back