NCT delay

It takes a long time to get through the immigration process. Their headline grabbing treatment of some of them unlikely making that cause any easier.
And they then charge them 300 Euro for the Residency card renewal every 11 months which they have to do in person if residing outside of Dublin and waiting times are up to 3 months. I have experienced this with a person we had to hire from India as we could not get the skillset in Ireland.

You don't even need to do that.

They've created some daft queuing system that's broken. Avoid it, go on the priority list.
Yes but we shouldn't have to go on a "priority list" just to get a regular appointment slot, if the system is broken, well then fix it
If the company that's running the service can't provide the service in a timely fashion, well then step aside and let a company that can
If the issue is that they can't get the relevant staff because they are been paid more else where, well then offer a better financial package
Maybe increase the price of the test to €65 to cover this and other improvements in the service after all I think it's been €55 for nearly ten years

Or an even better solution would be to open up the testing of private cars to the commercial testers as well and give us more choice as to where and when we can bring our cars to be tested

It's only a suggestion how to avoid the hassle of the regular list. People are free to choose the long way around if they want.

Resources is one thing.

But the queuing system makes no sense. You've people blocking off slots months before they they need it.

And they then charge them 300 Euro for the Residency card renewal every 11 months which they have to do in person if residing outside of Dublin and waiting times are up to 3 months. I have experienced this with a person we had to hire from India as we could not get the skillset in Ireland.
Yeah, we regularly bring in engineers from India too, I think 9 months was the longest for one that joined my team to get clearance.

Or an even better solution would be to open up the testing of private cars to the commercial testers as well and give us more choice as to where and when we can bring our cars to be tested
A better solution again would be to revert to the old system of biennial testing

If the company that's running the service can't provide the service in a timely fashion, well then step aside and let a company that can
Is there some other company that can invent lots of qualified people to do the job? Why didn't they bid for the contract?

I suppose I will have to take one of the June appointments and meanwhile hope to be able to avail of an earlier one via the priority list. Obviously I would cancel the later one if lucky. This is only feeding into the issue of shortage of timely appointments.

I'd say if they only allowed people to book within 30 to 60 days of their due date it would vastly simplify the whole thing. Just in time and all that.

Back