NCT deadline for the 1st May.

I called during the week to book and the soonest appointment I could get was August 28th. That's for Ballymun. Fonthill was September.
the NCT expires on May 31st but we just bought the car so we couldn't have booked any sooner. I'm going to keep the appointment letter in the car and if I get stopped I'll just beg for mercy.

I read some posts on here about being able to try online for a cancellation.

Just went online to look as my test insn't til August, but I was afraid to proceed past the bit that asks you to ckick on the checkbox for @Arrange a new date' in case I lost my old one!!

Can anyone confirm that you can exit out of the system at anytime and retain your original appt?

Just went online to look as my test insn't til August, but I was afraid to proceed past the bit that asks you to ckick on the checkbox for @Arrange a new date' in case I lost my old one!!

Can anyone confirm that you can exit out of the system at anytime and retain your original appt?

I did this lots of times and my original time was still safe

I went in on a monday, a couple of weeks ago, and a lot of day time appointments (roughly between 8am to 4pm) were available for this week. This was in Fonthill

That is despite being told weeks before this that the earliest appointment I could have was mid June

I brought my car for its test today: my 10-year old vehicle is now qualified to become a 12-year old one!

The centre in Dundalk has the space and equipment (and, I think, the staff) to have four cars on test at the same time -- two lines; two cars on each. It was obvious to me that they were running below capacity, because when my car was in for the test, it was on its own. Another car arrived just as mine was finished.

I know they build in a little slack in for re-tests, but I wonder if NCTS is actually running below capacity and creating a bottleneck.

Just tried to book a test. Website shows no dates available until October 19th and after that shows N/A. Does anybody know if there are problems with the NCT website.

No those are the times at the moment.

I did my test last week only had a 6 week wait.

There was a couple there waiting at the same time as me that had booked and they had the same time frame-october. But they got a cancelation and got test a week later. This was at the ballymum test centre.

Thanks for that info. I believe the present providers of the test have lost the contract so maybe that explains why it shows N/A from October 19th.

can an NCT result be appealed?

I was told my track rod end was worn, i knew it wasnt though. Repalced it and theres absolutly no wear in it at all, its perfect. Cost me 30euro, plus an hours work, plus another 30 for a retest. A joke it is.

Yep, of course it can be appealed. There should be a sign up in the test centre about appealing the result.

Back