named driver so confused please help

• Thread starter deandearing
  • Start date
D

deandearing

hi im a 20 year old male, i have a citroen saxo but the car is in my dads name because it is on finance, its hard to explain but firstly my dad is the registered owner of the citroen saxo and he is the main policy holder on the insurance(churchills), i am just a named driver on the insurance. i had my first accident in may 2005 i hit another driver from behind at a round about they made a claim on my dads insurance, my second accident was i hit a tree and a claim was made on the insurance again i was at fault again. i am thinking off buying a new car in my own name and own insurance i have looked around for insurance but it is very expensive due to my two accidents i have had, this may sound complicated but do i have any no claims bonus because i was a named driver on the insurance and the car wasnt in my name either do i still have to declare my accidents when looking for insurance or does it just affect my dads insurance bit confused what to do really can any one help me asap

No, you will not get a a no-claims bonus.
Yes, you should declare your accidents.

Not sure that Churchill insure in Ireland so the OP may be driving in the UK.
That s good I dont plan on been in uk in the next year or so.
If I was your Dad you would be off the road until you learned how to drive, that is a dreadfull record and to think you think that there is no need for you to mention these accidents to futher insurers. Get real.

Back