Naas- Morell, Oldtown, Aylmer etc

SueWho

Hi all, does anyone actually live in Oldtown,Morell, Gleann Na Riogh, Aylmer etc in Naas and can you tell me honestly if these are nice areas? I have heard some people say that the "triangle"/ Monread wouldn't be the greatest place to buy but I'm confused as these areas appear to be nice enough to the eye at least.

Would Morell be much nicer than Gleann Na Riogh? My impression is that the area in around Monread Avenue is a bit built up/ just loads of houses so maybe more kids hanging around etc?

I'd really appreciate a few opinions. Ideally I'd love to buy in The Paddocks or somewhere over that side of Naas but unfortunately my taste is more expensive than my budget will allow :)

what about around LakeLands?? - always a couple of houses around there for sale, close to the town centre, lots of green area , close to schools and is a mature estate?

Yeah we're considering everything except the Newbridge side (purely because we want to be the Dublin side). The lakelands houses look big but none of them have utility rooms or en suites. Have also been looking at 4-bedroom houses in Oakglade- thinking that might be a nice spot!

We are new to Naas (renting for the last few weeks) and like the town as a whole. So maybe it's much of a muchness when it comes to picking areas, no?

the big question would be is it important to be walking distance to the town itself - if so then it narrows down the options - sundays well and elmwood (though houses never come up in Elmwood) may be a good area to try - anywhere along the blessinton rd. - but bear in mind the council are bringing in a 1 way system around this area so you might want to check that out.

My bil/sil live in oldtown and love it there. They have been living there over 4 yrs now.

My mum lives in Morrell, and it is lovely there, you can walk easily to Naas town and the train from Salins is also within walking distance..

Yes Oakglade and that side of Naas (though further from the N7) seems a bit nicer than the Monread area but definetly more expensive :( and Naas seems to be a bit of an exception to the statistics being thrown out there about house sales because there are lots of houses being sold in Naas these days and they are not particularly cheap either!

Back