My shares are down 30% - what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok my two cents.. just leave it and keep adding to your portfolio. I’ve tried and failed miserably in the past to get the timing right. I added for ages then cashed out recently. Now I’m adding again and I’m just gonna keep adding and I don’t care what’s going on. Think of this time as a good opp to dollar cost average at a lower market point.

Depends whats in it, & what your objectives are. The general advice is that a 'fund' should be a long term investment which rides out the peaks & troughs but generally moves upwards. Look at the S&P chart for the last 20 years.

As an aside, if you've only lost 10% in the last week, you're doing quite well.

My fund has lost 10% in the last week. Do I say stop and cash out now or sit tight?

What’s your time-horizon? Do you need the money? What does your asset and debt profile look like? What’s your income? How much is in the fund? How is it invested?

It’s fairly evenly split between bonds and shares. Time horizon is about 5 years, money is potentially a house deposit. I might leave it as is but pause further lodgements fir the time being. Salary mid 30s and very little debt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back