My Nokia phone thinks the headset is connected

The Pool Boy

Hi all

All of a sudden my Nokia phone thinks the headset is connected and the logo is appearing on the screen. I can't hear the phone when it rings and when I make a call it can only be done by using the speakerphone.

I've never connected the headset so it's making the phone near useless. I've already tried removing the battery and restoring factory settings....both no good.

Any thoughts...?

Same thing happened the wife, sent it back to car phone warehouse and all they said they could do was reload the software, this wipes everything so make sure you back up pictures/numbers, worked fine since

Check the copper contacts near the charging port , If they are dirty or a strange green is showing, its got wet. Warranty void , however insurance will cover you !!

Same thing happened to me and the wife. I took it to the Vodafone store and the very helpful chap there basically cleaned dust out of the headphone socket with a pin (with phone switched off!), then with the phone switched off, put in the headphones, switch the phone on and then detach the headphones. The problem can arise with dirt in the socket causing a short.

This fixed both my wife's and my own phone.

It happened to a Sony Ericsson of mine after around 2 years of use. I didn't bother getting it fixed as it wasn't under warranty.

Thanks for your replies.....

Vodafone said I'd have to send it away to them for 2 weeks for repairs.

So I followed Westbounds advice and used a paper clip....and lo and behold it's working properly again.

Cheers !

Back