My first investment...advice ?

M

maek munnee

Hi,
I'm planning on investing 500 euro ( all i can afford at the moment:eek: )
i'm pretty clueless to be honest. i would like to split it in 2 or 3 and invest in shares in 2/3 different compqanies. anyone got advice or even tips ????

Share tipping is not allowed on Askaboutmoney, as detailed in our

With €500, tou are better off staying away from direct share purchase and picking either a unit linked fund, or using a deposit account to save for a time when you have a larger lump sum, and this also gives you time to investigate your options here on AAM and elsewhere.

didnt know about the no tipping bit :eek:

"picking either a unit linked fund" ........dont suppose you could explain that one a little easier could you

"picking either a unit linked fund" ........dont suppose you could explain that one a little easier could you
Just for clarity Ccovich was talking about either a "unit linked fund" or a "deposit account".

As to what a "unit linked fund" is.... you can find this by searching AAM, by using Google etc. No point in taking the info from us, the most important part to investing is in understanding what you're doing. Try reading through the material available to learn more about investing in general.

Have you read the AAM and IFSRA guides to savings & investments and other stuff relevant to direct (e.g. stocks/shares) versus indirect (e.g. unit linked funds) share investments?

Key posts

Back