My Driving Licence is falling apart

EvilDoctorK

Too many years of stuffing it in my wallet without a proper plastic cover .. it really is in a pretty sorry state at this stage ... worried that if it gets any worse a car hire company might refuse it sometime.

It's not due to expire until 2015 .. If i can keep it in it's current condition it will probably be fine until then .. but how can I preserve it ... I assume re-laminating it isn't a great idea ? does anyone have any good suggestions for licence sized/shaped holders that I could buy ?

Didn't realise it was that cheap or simple - slightly complicated by the fact I'm living in the UK though.

I think you will find that if you have moved to the UK for a period longer than 6 months, you are obliged to change your kicence to a UK licence

I washed mine in the machine the very day after I got my new 10-year license lol
Just sent it off with €5 to get a new one - no bothers

Thanks Guys.. I guess I could exchange my licence for a UK one .. but £50 (!) vs. €5 seems to be a compelling reason not to !

I assume re-laminating it isn't a great idea ?

Wouldn't imagine the relaminating would go down well in possibly car hire companies, they might think you had played around with some of the info and then hid it by the lamination process which is something that people do with photocopies.

I bought some leather licence covers in Dunnes last Christmas for presents and they went down well with the fellas just like yourself who let their licences go to rack and ruin. So you know what to do between now and 25th - drop massive hints all round ya :)

Back