Music that seems very popular that you just don't get

Can't stick U 2, but I think that's down to Bono's endless and painful moralising whilst clicking his clogs all the way to the bank in tax haven Holland.

OMG :) Two of my favourite artists being bashed on aam!! David Gray and Elbow. Went to the Elbow gig in the O2 last week and they were amazing, one of the best live performances you could ever see. And I was impressed by the Villagers. Wasn't really expecting much, apart from hearing the one song I knew (Becoming a Jackal). I would listen to them again though.

Agree with most posters, I cannot stand manufactured, canned, auto tuned rubbish. Kids love it though!! Youtube is proof of that.

Can't stick U 2, but I think that's down to Bono's endless and painful moralising whilst clicking his clogs all the way to the bank in tax haven Holland.

No, they are dire and Yes, Bono is a pontificating prat.

I know it's blasphemy but I don't really like the Beatles

I would also add U2 to the list.

AMEN !!!!
I can understand Beatlemania in the 60s, but c'mon, we've progressed a bit from those repressed 50s now, so why the lunacy ? It really sickens me tbh, and the more I see Paul McCartney, the more I want to hit him. Is that wrong? (Ditto for Bono, by the way, and considering how often he's on TV, I want to hit him quite badly!)

I wouldnt be much of a fan of the Kings of Leon. I dont dislike them but I do think they're stuff is very samey samey.

And I was impressed by the Villagers. Wasn't really expecting much, apart from hearing the one song I knew (Becoming a Jackal). I would listen to them again though.

Slightly off topic, but regarding Villagers' set last week - did they play "This Day" which is a more recent release (or has been more recently all over the radio!) than "Becoming a Jackal"? They were the only 2 songs I knew of, and I only remember hearing one of them - did my disinterest make me tune out, I wonder?!

Enya !

I cannot stand her music , spent 2 hours in a taxi from Long Island to JFK & when the driver discovered we were Irish he played her music non stop for the duration of the trip - I thought the journey would never end !

I wouldnt be much of a fan of the Kings of Leon. I dont dislike them but I do think they're stuff is very samey samey.

Aargh! I must have put them completely out of my head. I cannot stand them, they make me irrationally angry.:p One of the few bands I have to actually turn off.

Slightly off topic, but regarding Villagers' set last week - did they play "This Day" which is a more recent release (or has been more recently all over the radio!) than "Becoming a Jackal"? They were the only 2 songs I knew of, and I only remember hearing one of them - did my disinterest make me tune out, I wonder?!

I dont remember them playing "that day". Its prob one of their well known songs at the moment. I do remember them playing "Set the Tigers Free" and "I saw the Dead" which I really liked.

Thanks Ronan - I was fairly sure I hadn't heard it (because I would have recognised it unlike most of their other stuff).

Back