Muse the greatest band in the world??? Yes

What album(s) would you recommend for a Muse virgin?

All of them but Butterflies and Hurricanes is pretty good but if you want o hear a good live ablum listen to the HAARP album it is very good.

I don't generally like live albums but that one is very good.

They have had 5 studio albums - one of which, The Resistance, was only released a few weeks ago - I haven't heard it yet.

Their first, Showbiz, isn't great. It's OK - they were still finding their sound really IMO. The remaining 3, Origin Of Symmetry, Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations are all excellent. I haven't heard any of the live ones or EPs.

Depends what you are into. They have been described as a 'pomp rock Radiohead' - which is close enough.

Elements of traditional prog rock with a dash of Queen, high energy stadium rock and electronica.

Stylistically, the 3 above are similar but if anything, Origin could be described as the more 'proggy' one (it's my favourite) Absolution as the more 'anthemic' one and Black Holes as the 'spacey' one.

The music itself is full of melodrama and bombast and frequently over the top - and the band know it - but in a very good way. Technically brilliant, inventive and memorable. I often find myself simply smiling and shaking my head.

I'm rambling... :eek:

Class, Ninsaga!!! :D He'd have been in like a flash!!!

Burning Embers!!!! And what about The Nun Attax? Donnelly and Smelly. Oh, happy days! :)

Nun Attax - were they from Churchfield? 'White Cortina' was the only one I remember from them - not my fav.

Back