Munster -v- Leinster

Quinlan has been cited for the incident and rightly so imo.

It seemed innocuous enough to me, and all involved parties didn't have any issues with it. It would be a shame to lose a player of his calibre from the lions tour. I presume most Irish fans want to see him make the tour.

It seemed innocuous enough to me, and all involved parties didn't have any issues with it. It would be a shame to lose a player of his calibre from the lions tour. I presume most Irish fans want to see him make the tour.

it wasnt innocuous, it was disgraceful cowardly behaviour.
neil best got 18months ban for the same thing, why should quinlan be treated any different? look at leo's eye during the post match interviews.
as an Irishman i dont want to see us lose a lion but i dont think what he did should go unpunished.

it was sickening, he could have blinded Leo, hows that innocuous.

And it wasn't just O'Gara, the Munster forwards looked very tired. Only O'Connell and Flannery played well for me. And playing in S.A. you will be up against forwards that are all built like Rocky Elsom.

Hopefully they will have long enough to recover, and i guess one tired game doesn't detract from them as players.

How have I embarrassed myself?

I know Of no Munster fans selling their tickets to Leicester fans and so what if they did?. Why would I be ashamed for someone elses actions?

have a look at the leicester fans site or indeed the munsterfans site. plenty of the usual bitter munster men on there. someone elses actions? are ye not all part of the red army? shower of bandwagon jumping, sore losing, bitter little men.
it was a pleasure to hammer ye!

I agree about not wanting to see him lose his Lions spot but only has himself to blame. He knew where his hand was. I think it was a moment of madness but it is something that has absolutely no place in the game and is the one thing that infuriates players. The fact that he was straight up to Cullen after the game shows that he knew he had done something that was unacceptable. Cullen deserves alot of credit for his disipline in not reacting when it happened. He deserves a ban but will still have my fingers crossed for him. Its a shame.

Hopefully they will have long enough to recover, and i guess one tired game doesn't detract from them as players.

are you taking the michael???
ogara the turnstyle hasnt a chance of starting for the lions.

ian mcgeehan must be sorry he picked some of them.
oleary and quinlan wont travel now.
earls??? he got a lesson in centre play from darce and drico. his attempted tackle on darce for our first try was laughable.

it wasnt innocuous, it was disgraceful cowardly behaviour.
neil best got 18months ban for the same thing, why should quinlan be treated any different? look at leo's eye during the post match interviews.
as an Irishman i dont want to see us lose a lion but i dont think what he did should go unpunished.

it was sickening, he could have blinded Leo, hows that innocuous.

He caught him by the nose more than the eye and didn't gouge. There were plenty of acts you could call cowardly such as Cian Healy catching Dowling high which would do a lot more damage, but it is a rough sport and none of the players walking off the pitch will have any complaints and that is what matters. You do what you can to give your team the advantage, very few players stay within the rules.

have a look at the leicester fans site or indeed the munsterfans site. plenty of the usual bitter munster men on there. someone elses actions? are ye not all part of the red army? shower of bandwagon jumping, sore losing, bitter little men.

Take a second and read over your "contributions" If there ever was bitterness it is coming from you. What is your problem?.

You my friend is why people will want to see Leinster lose the only final they have been in. And you have the cheek to call yourself a rugby fan.

what will that make poor Eoin Reddan, a Meinster?

no the same way it doesnt mean anything bad about keogh or hogan or kieran lewis.

theres no harm in playing for other provincial teams, it is the slagging off of your home proviince that i take offense to (something lewis, keogh, bomber, hogan or wallce never did)

earls??? he got a lesson in centre play from darce and drico. his attempted tackle on darce for our first try was laughable.

You do realise that Leinster haven't won anything don't you?

And I speak as a Leinster supporter.

We beat Munster in a once off game. Doesn't give us the right to even compare ourselves to them until we have a cup in our hands. Ask Leo, Drico and Darce as you call them and they will all say the same thing. It was a great day and I enjoyed it thoroughly (Including the Munster supporters misery!) but all it means to me is that we are in a final.

Lose the final and nobody will remember Saturday.

I was responding to the talk of our pack looking tired. O'Gara has a 50/50 chance because he is one of 2 players chosen for his position.
O'Leary won't travel because of injury, these things happen and could still happen to any of the remaining players between now and the tour. Quinlan could still travel.
As for Earls, he was given a lesson acording to yourself, some would say he gave the lesson in Munsters recent victory over 'Drico and Darce' in Thomond.
You seem quite bitter regards Munster players, you should be basking in the glory of your own and not letting the little green monster consume you.

BTW, I bought my final tickets and flights ages ago as any Leinster or any team supporter could have so not sure why they are moaning now.

shower of bandwagon jumping, sore losing, bitter little men.

Of course there is bandwagon jumping, people do follow sucess and most teams will have it to a degree (the sucessful teams I mean). It should have been a pleasure to hammer us as your team won, are you new to sport?

I
As for Earls, he was given a lesson acording to yourself, some would say he gave the lesson in Munsters recent victory over 'Drico and Darce' in Thomond.

drico didnt play against munster in thomond !!!! ahahahah! are you new to sport??

What a great great day!!! Leinster support was immense outshouted the Munster fans from the beginning not just when leading. NOw we need to finish it off!!

Quinlan deserves a long ban - MR Man have you ever played the game there is NO PLACE FOR THAT IN RUGBY- if he had pushed him down open palmed fair enough but to clutch his eyes is Unforgivable :(
Tincu got a long ban for gouging as did Dylan hartley as did Neil best so there is precadent!!

He caught him by the nose more than the eye and didn't gouge. There were plenty of acts you could call cowardly such as Cian Healy catching Dowling high which would do a lot more damage,.

- judging by the state of Leo Cullen's face in the post-match interviews, his right eyelid suffered some damage in the game.
- Healy caught Dowling with a shoulder, O'Driscoll nearly clotheslined him. and Dowling's reaction was from the Cristiano Ronaldo Book of Theatrical Diving. He didn't learn THAT hurling in Kilkenny :p !

What a great great day!!! Leinster support was immense outshouted the Munster fans from the beginning not just when leading. NOw we need to finish it off!!

Quinlan deserves a long ban - MR Man have you ever played the game there is NO PLACE FOR THAT IN RUGBY- if he had pushed him down open palmed fair enough but to clutch his eyes is Unforgivable :(
Tincu got a long ban for gouging as did Dylan hartley as did Neil best so there is precadent!!

Leinster fans were vocal, fair play.

Here is the Quinlan/Cullen incident and it looks bad alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZYb...p?t=2055554355&page=2&feature=player_embedded

Also forgot to say it was very sad to see fans leaving in their droves with a full 10 minutes to go.

Met a few avid Munster fans after the game some were from Wexford the others from Offaly- I still have no time for Lunsters!!

Also great to see some couples where one would be in red and the other in blue. 95% of people showed wonderful support wearing their colours- great day all around and makes up 2006!!

The first time I ever saw a leinster match full to the rafters was when a largely amatuer Leinster team beat a pro Leicester with back, johnson etc playing in the 90's hopefully the result will be the same

Back