Multiple exclamation marks!!!!! What?????

The Brit's use that one as well. It annoys me too.
I suupose it is common as Churchill etc would refer to the Berlin government. However what gets me is the underlying implication from Sinn Fein is that they dont see the "Dublin government" as the Irish government

I suupose it is common as Churchill etc would refer to the Berlin government. However what gets me is the underlying implication from Sinn Fein is that they dont see the "Dublin government" as the Irish government
Well they don't, that's why.

Cause its only the government of 26 counties. London/Stormont are the government in the other 6.

"to, too and two" "their and there" "wear and where" "it's and its" and finally "sangwitch" (my biggest cringe)

I used to work for An Post and officially I was told to write 'it is the policy of An Post' rather than 'An Post's policy' as you couldn't mix languages. I also wrote a little note for the webmaster as to when to use it's, its' and its.

In school we weren't taught english grammar but when learning French the teacher started from there.

My pet peeve is tennants...you know those beer cans that rent property...

And recently the Oxford comma. I really myst get out more

It’s the government of a country called “Ireland”, not “the Republic of Ireland” or “Dublin”
I wrote a long document for a state organisation and this was drummed into us..Ireland...nothing else

Back