Multiple ETFs on form 11

LEGENDEIRE

When declaring ETFs on section 322e and there are multiple ETFs can I just write these on a piece of paper and send them in with the form 11 and reference it? Impossible to fit all this info on a few boxes

You can add a new set of boxes - one for each ETF purchased

I don't think you need to need to give the details of the income received and disposals, deemed or otherwise, by ETF

Don't you have to use ROS rather than myAccount to do a Form 11 style self assessment? I always found the Revenue online systems confusing and in the past two years have had an absolute nightmare with myAccount for reasons that I still don't understand and Revenue don't seem to be able to explain or fix... :mad:

I am currently having this issue with this too Clubman. I bought around 10k in accumulating funds which I am trying to register with Revenue and I spoke to people through MyAccount and ROS but no-one seemed to know what to do! They even suggested asking on here (I told them this is where I did a lot of the research on which funds to invest in)!

When declaring ETFs on section 322e and there are multiple ETFs can I just write these on a piece of paper and send them in with the form 11 and reference it? Impossible to fit all this info on a few boxes
Hi Legendeire, just to clarify when you say declare - is that just to declare a purchase of an etf or an actual disposal? I contacted revenue some months ago and was informed there was no need to declare a purchase, just a disposal

Hi Legendeire, just to clarify when you say declare - is that just to declare a purchase of an etf or an actual disposal? I contacted revenue some months ago and was informed there was no need to declare a purchase, just a disposal
Any chance they gave you that in writing because it’s not what it says in their guidance note? I’ve been told both declare and don’t declare the purchases :)

Not sure which document it was in but there was a specific reference that Irish or EU equivalent funds do not need to be reported. I stopped reporting mine after that was there.

Of course the whole ETF information is vague to the point of being unusable, and Revenue have told different people conflicting things over the years. They currently do not seem to be responding to correspondence on ETFs either, presumably as the guidance note is being updated.

ETF guide updated on 20/10/2020 states:
"Acquisition of an EU ETF must be included on the form 11 in the foreign income section as appropriate ".
Revenue also confirmed me that.
So I think it is better to declare them.

Any chance they gave you that in writing because it’s not what it says in their guidance note? I’ve been told both declare and don’t declare the purchases :)
Hi Big40, sorry for the late reply, yes I actually have it in writing :) this is the response from them when I asked should an etf be declared upon purchase:

'I refer to your recent enquiry.

A declaration is to be made once you have sold, this can be done on your form 12 or a CG1 form.

Yours Sincerely,'

It seems simple enough, but I am going to err on the side of caution and declare when i purchase an etf before disposal

Ix

I buy only Irish domiciled ETFs (thankfully there's loads of them) and revenue confirmed to me in writing on MyAccount that there's no need to declare a purchase. Only when it comes to disposal/deemed disposal do I need to do anything.

Is there a need to fill a Form11 just to declare purchases (no deemed disposal / disposal)? I'm on PAYE, and usually fill out form 12 on myAccount only. this seems very cumbersome to have a fill the full form 11 just to declare purchase in a few EU ETFs.

Back