mullet cull

G

gunnerbar

It's that time of the year for my annual haircut!

Can anyone recommend a decent hair stylist for a quite youthfull chap :tallchappy that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (it'd want to be something special for 30 euro) somewhere on the southside of the Capital.

There's some place in the Stephen's Green Shopping Centre that charges €26 for a dry cut. :eek In contrast my wife works as a barber working in Dublin 15 and charges €9. No doubt the customers of the former place complain about rip-off Ireland™ after each visit... :\

Did you post this in Homes & Gardens expecting somebody to recommend a DIY job using the shears or lawnmower or something? ;)

No, but originally thought about posting it in Great Financial Debates though!

Mullet

... what's wrong with a mullet ... as they say you have the best of both worlds ... Business on top ... party in the back:)

Re: Mullet

Sam's Barbers on either Bachelor's Walk or Dame Lane does all day Monday and Tuesday for around €6 for a dry cut. Nowt fancy mind, just the regular short back and sides.

Stay away from the city centre (apart from Sam's) if you're looking for value.

Try Shephard's, upstairs above the Secret Book Shop, on Wicklow St.

Buy an electric clipper for about 30€ in Power City and get free haircuts for life. A quick number 2 all over the noggin does the job once a month.

The Merchant Barber in Merchants Lane was doing a special of wash and cut for €10 between 09:30 and 12:00 last week so this may still be on this week...

Could you do it yourself?

I am tempted. But could you do it with an 2 1/2 or 3 cut?

Mullet preservation

Thanks for the advice guys but think I'll stick with the mullet for another year. Just have to do a bit of trimming now and again with a rusty scissors and 8 pints after a night on the town.
Anyway's the Gallagher look is still in; besides I'm petrified of seeing a fresh a stronger grey tinge under this muff.
If Shane Byrne can re-establish it I think we can get a movement going.

Back