MTD Lawnmowers

WhatsGoingOn

Hi,

Has anyone heard of MTD lawnmowers before, are they any good?
Saw this one on ebay, it is a very good price for a 21" Self propelled.
[broken link removed]

My lawn is approx 0.5 acre.

Thanks.

I looked at that MTD Gold myself. MTD seem a big enough US group, comprising a bunch of different companies (including LawnFlite in the UK it seems).
The MTD Gold series doesn't get a mention on their website, instead having a rather "walmart" website of its own, suggesting maybe these aren't the best of their products. I wonder would you be better going for the Cub Cadet one instead (on eBay).
Another site for you, in case you haven't heard, is www.gardencaredirect.com
who are based in Northern Ireland. Delivery is free throughout Ireland and prices are pretty good, with plenty of choice. As usual, the sterling prices are a lot better than their Euro equivalent and I'm not sure whether they insist on you paying in Euro if in the Republic (some do, some don't, it's a big con), although I'd think that they would be happy to take whichever you choose.

I was originally planning on a ride-on, but this year is all about home extension and debt reduction, so I've lowered my sights to a self-propelled. Probably a better choice as currently our garden is more of a field, so I'd be worried about doing damage to a nice expensive ride-on.
I'm being asked to get one with electric start :rolleyes:. Thing is, you seem to pay a premium for them and I'd be worried the starter motor would pack up in a year or two.

Any opinions gratefully received. BTW, I don't think you can compare that one mentioned in Woodies (MTD would be better), although TBH I haven't seen it.

Back