MS Office from Software4Students

B

Banythin

I have to buy MS Office for my Son and after some research on the internet I found software4students. The prices are very good but I noticed that the price on their UK site is very different. Just wondering if anyone has tried to purchase from the uk site as even with delivery costs it would still be much cheaper.

I think you will find that you need to register details of the student and college.

The UK site will not work for irish students etc.

Open Office

I have Open Office. When I use the Text Document software it's fine but when I return to it to editthe content it seems to have defaulted to MS Word and will not allow me to edit. Is there anything I can do to overcome this or will I have to buy MS Word/Office?

Thanks

Open Office can open and edit MS Office files. Dunno why you are having a problem but maybe try installing LibreOffice which is a better, free Office suite which is a spinoff of Open Office. I use it every day have have no issues with editing MS Office files.

You could also try IBM's Lotus Symphony which is free, stable and very good IMO.

I like Libre Office too, very comprehensive with database etc.

I hear NeoOffice has gone commercial so it seems I'm stuck with my year old version.

I have to buy MS Office for my Son and after some research on the internet I found software4students. The prices are very good but I noticed that the price on their UK site is very different. Just wondering if anyone has tried to purchase from the uk site as even with delivery costs it would still be much cheaper.

Where is your son a student?

They may have a facility to get the student version.

See [broken link removed] for the offical student price from Microsoft.

Back