Mozilla firefox and www.yahoo.com?

Not sure why this problem still seems to persist although there seem to be some coverage of the issue or something like it among . No Yahoo site at all displays correctly in FireFox (1.0.7) for me. However when I installed the [broken link removed] extension and asked FireFox to masquerade as Internet Explorer then Yahoo sites display fine. Not sure why Yahoo would prevent (deliberately or by not addressing the underlying bugs in their sites) FireFox users from viewing their sites when it has been one of the fastest growing browsers in a long time. Oh well, at least there is a workaround other than switching back to IE.

ClubMan said:
Not sure why this problem still seems to persist although there seem to be some coverage of the issue or something like it among . No Yahoo site at all displays correctly in FireFox (1.0.7) for me. However when I installed the [broken link removed] extension and asked FireFox to masquerade as Internet Explorer then Yahoo sites display fine. Not sure why Yahoo would prevent (deliberately or by not addressing the underlying bugs in their sites) FireFox users from viewing their sites when it has been one of the fastest growing browsers in a long time. Oh well, at least there is a workaround other than switching back to IE.

I have recently installed Firefox 1.0.7 on my new(ish) Dell laptop and have not got around to installing any extensions yet, but am surprised to see that Yahoo.com/ie etc. work fine on this PC. Maybe it's a Windows XP thing? (I doubt it...)

Strange. None of the Yahoo sites work for me unless I choose IE 6 from User Agent Switcher. However, when I do this I can no longer enter text into the text boxes on AAM/vBulletin because the text cursor doesn't appear and the focus never seems to be allocated to the text fields - so I have to switch back to Default in UA Switcher. I am using FireFox 1.0.7 on Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 and all Windows Updates bar .Net and another one to do with Windows Tablet Edition reporting.

I'm also using Firefox and have been doing so for the past three or four months. I've never had any problem with Yahoo. Currently using 1.07

Clubman: would a reinstall of Firefox be worth a try to perhaps 'jump start' it for Yahoo.

Also, one of the plugins amends Google search result pages to include links to other search engines (including Yahoo). You could possibly test Yahoo in this way.

It may be something to do with the proxy - my home setup connecting via UTV's proxy server doesn't work unless I use the UA Switcher extension as described above. I haven't yet tried bypassing the proxy and using a direct connection instead. My work connection through the company proxy server works fine. On the other hand maybe a reinstall would work but it doesn't really bother me as I don't tend to visit Yahoo sites as a matter of course and definitely never use it for searching.

Yeah - very odd... if I configure FireFox to use the UTV proxy (ie-cache.utvinternet.com:80) then Yahoo sites don't display at all unless I use the User Agent Switcher extension to have FireFox "masquerade" as IE6. If I bypass the proxy server and connect directly to the internet then they display fine. In IE they work fine whether through the proxy or directly. Hmmm.... :confused:

Clubman,

I have exactly the same problem as you, with Firefox 1.0.7/UTV

Once I bypass the proxy for Yahoo, it works fine. Looks like a general problem.

Back