Mozilla firefox and www.yahoo.com?

Re: Mozilla firefox

hi macnas, strange if its yahoo, it should be ok.
If you can access yahoo from IE, copy and paste the address from there into your mozilla address bar and then repost the error here.

perhaps youre behind a firewall or proxy server that may have been configured to stop some sites with yahoo in there by mistake, are you at home or in work?

Very strange - doesn't work for me either but works fine in IE. In FireFox I get a blank HTML document. I've seen anecdotal reports that this is "just a problem with Yahoo's servers and not FireFox" but that isn't much of an explanation to me. :(

I can click on the link above and get yahoo in mozilla 1.0.4 ok.
settings (security/java) perhaps??

not that its much help, heres 101 reasons to use mozilla over IE
[broken link removed]

Strange again - by default I connect via the UTV caching proxy (ie-cache.utvinternet.com) and Yahoo doesn't work. If I reconfigure (Tools -> Options... -> General -> Connection Settings...) to use a direct connection to the internet (bypassing the caching proxy) and restart FireFox then I can view Yahoo fine. Not sure why yet.

macnas said:
I have just started to use Firefox, I cannot get www.yahoo.com ???
What can I do?

Are you using Firefox 1.0.4?

Works fine for me using this version.

I do however use the [broken link removed] plugin so that I can click on any page that doesn't work in Firefox and load it in IE.

I am using 1.0.4.

MonsieurBond - are you connecting through a proxy or direct to the internet? The former seems to cause problems (at least on UTV) for me.

ClubMan said:
I am using 1.0.4.

MonsieurBond - are you connecting through a proxy or direct to the internet? The former seems to cause problems (at least on UTV) for me.

Currently via a proxy (from work!).

At home, I connect directly.

I usually use yahoo.ie rather than yahoo.com but both are working using hte work p(r)oxy server.

We don't know what the problem is. Perhaps somebody else on UTV could check if they can access these sites (a) through the UTV proxy (see above) and (b) with a direct connection bypassing the proxy?

Looks [broken link removed] has the same problem with Yahoo in FireFox when connecting through a proxy...

ClubMan said:
Looks [broken link removed] has the same problem with Yahoo in FireFox when connecting through a proxy...

Actually, I noticed that sometimes [broken link removed] displays as a blank screen in Firefox. I usually then view it in IE.

In IE, the MBNANetAccess.ie page first loads as a blank page, then redirects to on the UK site.

If, however, I bookmark the above UK site in Firefox, then I can get in each time.

For those having problems, I wonder if you bookmark ie.yahoo.com instead of yahoo.ie, will it work?

MonsieurBond said:
Actually, I noticed that sometimes [broken link removed] displays as a blank screen in Firefox. I usually then view it in IE.

Works fine here connecting directly to the internet (no proxy). I must check it later at home through the UTV proxy.

For those having problems, I wonder if you bookmark ie.yahoo.com instead of yahoo.ie, will it work?

macnas mentioned earlier that www.yahoo.ie also displays blank in FireFox.

Back