Moving to UB or BOI from EBS as there is no AIB where we live; insights?

M

Mumofone

My husband and I need to change banks to either Ulster Bank or Bank of Ireland from EBS due the fact that we now live in Ballyjamesduff and need access to our cash easily. With EBS you can only withdraw from AIB machines and there are none in this town.

Can anyone give me some insight into either bank for just banking....nothing else.

Thanks

My husband and I need to change banks to either Ulster Bank or Bank of Ireland from EBS due the fact that we now live in Ballyjamesduff and need access to our cash easily. With EBS you can only withdraw from AIB machines and there are none in this town.

Can anyone give me some insight into either bank for just banking....nothing else.

Thanks

Do not know about BOI - but UBL very good. Charges low & easy to negotiate with.

UBL = useless.
Can't ever talk to branch personnel by phone, they have a call centre which is meant to help who seldom can and the call centre never pass messages to branch (or that what the branch states when you call in person).

Any transaction (debit, transfer) you wish to do at any branch other than your own has to be approved by your branch, and preferably by someone who knows you.

Other than that UB are great...watch our for ufirst account €9 per month charges for "fee free banking"

Agree with the above about UB, impossible to get them by phone, or get them to return your calls. I've had so much trouble with them over this. The only thing keeping me with them is their low fees and general good products. Shame about the service though.

I am an Ulster Bank customer and have never had a problem getting in touch with them - although I have only needed to on a few occasions.
They are "fee free" (don't bother with the Ufirst account) with no strings - unlike BOI who need you to do a certain number of transactions do remain fee free.
Have a look at your local branches if you think you will be using them - see how big the queues are - if that is important to you . Also see who has the best opening times that suit you.

Back