moving to Dublin...where to rent?

Not sure about that area... I know Bulfin Estate and CIE Estate are good areas in Inchicore.

hey thanks leonmahon, haven't seen any places on daft for those areas yet but will keep a lookout.

So far found nice places in Emmet court, ring terrace, tyrconnell road & street, davis court, the tramyard, oblate view & Sarsfield road!Probably need to see how the area is like by visiting it!

hey thanks leonmahon, haven't seen any places on daft for those areas yet but will keep a lookout.

So far found nice places in Emmet court, ring terrace, tyrconnell road & street, davis court, the tramyard, oblate view & Sarsfield road!Probably need to see how the area is like by visiting it!

Now I am biased but I'd definitely go for drimnagh over those areas u mention

ok thanks will take a look at drimnagh aswell! Place in gandon court in lucan fell through so we're still looking!! taking a lot longer than I thought but want to make sure we like it if we want to stay a while. As long as we're not homeless and find a place before our lease is up :-S

Hi there,

I lived in Inchicore along the canal a few years back - Goldenbridge and unless its changed dramaticaly I wouldn't recommend it.

Inchicore itself was nice, shops, restaurants very friendly people just along the canal seemed to be a hot bed for trouble.
Wheelie bins being nicked, mobs gathering to drink on the bridges, fellas getting beatings, frequent public urination, stolen cars being abandoned outside - just some of the stuff I witnessed. I left when my apartment was broken into twice in the one night.

Now like I said this was a few years back but if I were gonna rent there again (inchicore OR drimnagh) I would steer clear of any property where you can see the canal!

Where you up close to Drimnagh Luas stop? Doesn't seem great up there. I had friends living on Vincent St and they had similar experiences to you. I'm near the canal, close to Suir Road Luas and I've never seen anything worse than a couple of young fellas drinking cans in the sun.

The closer you are to st michaels estate, inchicore...the rougher things are,ie drimnagh luas stop

hey guys

Just giving ye an update!

Its down to two places now. This : http://www.daft.ie/21244734

my other half saw yesterday and he likes it so i'm going up in next couple of days to take a look. Only cons (small stuff) no dishwasher, small fridge & only one double wardrobe for us both

and this place : http://www.daft.ie/21244094

I think the pics of the second place are nicer but I cant see it til monday and we'll prob have to decide on the first place before then!
Only cons aswell (small stuff) is not sure about dishwasher & not an electric shower.

what ye think? thanks again for all the posts :)

Hi Jillyb, I've been renting a 2 bed apartment for the past year, while I found a house to buy and it had two bedrooms but one was just a single room. When I've have had people to stay I've found it a real pain having just a single guest room. I just saw in the photos that your first option seems to have a single room. Just something to take into consideration!

Personally I'd be taking that one in Crumlin.. close to shops, bus routes, not too far from town. I think that's quite a quiet street, too.

Lucan is way too far out for me, and as for Walkinstown, well, the thought of having to negotiate that roundabout every single day makes my head spin!

ya thats true elgin elf!

Well woodview one was way too small :( and the larkfield one still isnt available to view.
Put our references in for two places:

lucan : http://www.daft.ie/21246884 & walkinstown : http://www.daft.ie/21246201

still waiting to hear back so viewing this place in arthur griffith park
http://www.daft.ie/21228980

and crumlin http://www.daft.ie/21246719

Heard mixed reviews about arthur griffith park so not sure!!

I would stay away from Arthur Griffith Park.

Hey there

My other half has gotten a job in Dublin & we're hoping to move in next few weeks.
We were wondering where would be best for both of us ; not too far from work for him, close to amenities & also central enough as I won't have a job yet when we pick a place so we would like to rent a place that has good buses or on luas line for when i do find a job.

He's working out in new nangor rd, Dublin 22 and he will be driving to work

So looking for somewhere that would suit us both.We've been looking around Dublin 12 just haven't seen much.

Any other suggestions of areas? thanks

Celbridge via the backroads is actually very close to Nangor Rd. Perhaps 20 minutes by car at peak times. If you're considering Lucan, perhaps it is worth thinking about Celbridge or even Leixlip. You should find somewhere good within budget and they are both also served by train lines and good bus routes.

The Hansted place could be a good option. The 25a/b is a great bus service, they are really frequent and rarely take longer than 35 minutes into town. Also this place is directly across from Adamstown and the train station there.

AGP used to have a bad name but I havent heard of any trouble there since I'm in Lucan and I drive past it most days and never notice anything antisocial. Now, that would be during the day so maybe its different at night.

The walkinstown roundabout is a nightmare.

Can't comment on the location of these, but personally I would not like a ground floor apartment or a corner house, both for security reasons (others may feel differently).

hey guys

So we didnt get the hansted place. She had over 20 viewings over 2 days! so everyone had to put in references. its soo crazy looking for a place at the mo

So we provisionally have the walkinstown place. My other half is going along tomorrow evening to check it out and see if they will furnish is more.

Its meant to be furnished but its barely really. Do you think if we asked they would put some items in?The below list we have always had in rental places and this property doesn't have:

microwave
coffee table
bedside lockers
tv stand
mirrors over the bathroom sink - bit weird not having them
towel ring
toilet roll holder
cutlery and crockery( we have some and I know places don't have to provide them alright)

We would have to buy them all as dont have them.I saw the apartment was sold to the landlord not long ago still up on daft as let agreed. The pics are the same as when they put it up for rent except they put in beds and thats all.

thanks!

everywhere i ever rented had that stuff, except maybe a microwave. it seems like the rental market is going a bit crazy in dublin at the moment.

check charity shops and oxfam home if you need to buy stuff like that. really cheap, and you're effectively re-cycling & supporting good causes to boot.

If you are renting it "furnished" then insist it be furnished properly. You would pay less to rent an unfurnished property. If the landlord will not furnish properly then do not sign the lease. The rental market in Dublin is not that crazy, what is crazy is paying "furnished apartment" rent for an unfurnished apartment.

Back