Moving pension fund to cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yeah - gotcha!

What a beautiful ruse!

When something I said could be directly discounted, you're back like a shot to address the specific issue. I'm taking this as proof that when no plausible discounting is available, you'll avoid the issue. QE + D!! ;)

Ah yeah - gotcha!

What a beautiful ruse!

When something I said could be directly discounted, you're back like a shot to address the specific issue. I'm taking this as proof that when no plausible discounting is available, you'll avoid the issue. QE + D!! ;)

If you post information to back up your arguments that is later shown to be simply wrong, there are two ways of dealing with it.

• Tell everyone that it was just a test and that you deliberately posted the wrong information, knowing all along that it was wrong and that in fact you have somehow proved your point really.
  • Admit that you were wrong and move on.
The latter takes courage. But it's not difficult. Just four simple words. "Sorry. I was wrong." Without also trying to qualify it.

If you post information to back up your arguments that is later shown to be simply wrong, there are two ways of dealing with it.

• Tell everyone that it was just a test and that you deliberately posted the wrong information, knowing all along that it was wrong and that in fact you have somehow proved your point really.
  • Admit that you were wrong and move on.
The latter takes courage. But it's not difficult. Just four simple words. "Sorry. I was wrong." Without also trying to qualify it.

Nail on the head there, Dave........that's all I'm looking for! ;)

Nail off the head there, Dave. I'm somewhat, but admittedly not totally, surprised of your inability to comprehend but dems de breaks, right?

Anyway, that's my final contribution to this highly productive debate. It's a pity that it's descended as it has but that's life. Presumably, you'll want the final word* - that's invariably how these things go. Knock yourself out. If nothing else, it's sure to add to your like score.........it's got to be long money on that certain people will experience an irresistible temptation to applaud you! Jeepers - there's me making crazy predictions again. Must prepare my attribution analysis for that last wild comment or I'll get into more trouble with Scratchy.

On a serious note, I wish you a nice weekend.

*This is quite hard to do from my observations of interactions such as this. I am, however, determined - like the late Queen - to demonstrate stoicism. In this regard, I do, however, have one caveat in that, I absolutely reserve the right to come out of retirement if Sarenco comes up with the data that I, in my naivété, sought the other day. I think that this is only fair.

Nail off the head there, Dave. I'm somewhat, but admittedly not totally, surprised of your inability to comprehend but dems de breaks, right?

Anyway, that's my final contribution to this highly productive debate. It's a pity that it's descended as it has but that's life. Presumably, you'll want the final word* - that's invariably how these things go. Knock yourself out. If nothing else, it's sure to add to your like score.........it's got to be long money on that certain people will experience an irresistible temptation to applaud you! Jeepers - there's me making crazy predictions again. Must prepare my attribution analysis for that last wild comment or I'll get into more trouble with Scratchy.

On a serious note, I wish you a nice weekend.

*This is quite hard to do from my observations of interactions such as this. I am, however, determined - like the late Queen - to demonstrate stoicism. In this regard, I do, however, have one caveat in that, I absolutely reserve the right to come out of retirement if Sarenco comes up with the data that I, in my naivété, sought the other day. I think that this is only fair.

Tellingly defensive but a fairly weak attempt to defend. You posted several graphs featuring information that was simply wrong in an attempt to make an argument. You were called out on your blatantly wrong information by several here on this board. Yet you seem unable to simply utter the four simple words "Sorry. I was wrong." Instead you go to such great effort to try to change the subject and even make out that it was all some sort of fabulous ruse all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back