Moving pension from UK to Ireland

cannco253

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has done this and how complicated the process was?

Most of my pension savings are UK based, but I'm back in Ireland for the last 2 years and have been wondering if it's worth my while transferring some/all into a QROPs scheme?

Hi All

Most of my pension savings are UK based, but I'm back in Ireland for the last 2 years and have been wondering if it's worth my while transferring some/all into a QROPs scheme?

On a related topic, I was a member of an occupation scheme in the UK for a short while (4 years) in the 1990s. The scheme was would down in the mid 00s and my fund was transferred into a Personal Retirement Bond. I have been told I have no options with this but wait until 65?? While it is a small amount (Guaranteed Minimum Pension Payment amount of £700pa) I would prefer if at all to cash it in and not hold sterling assets given the chaos that is about to erupt over there with Brexit.

If it is a defined benefit pension, there is a lot of work involved and it can be quite expensive. If it is a defined contribution pension, it is a load of paperwork. The UK life companies aren't that obliging, so it can take a while, especially if you don't have all your ducks in a row.

And then you must transfer it to a QROPS approved pension in Ireland. There's only about 4/5 options.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Hi All

I moved my pensions from the U.K. to Ireland and then moved them on again.

detailed analysis on my blog here

Back